Histology Atlas/Texts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WuMedic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

We had our first histology lecture today and the professor recommended that those of use who have never had histology might want to consider the recommended texts listed (our profs here usually post their own lecture notes and texts are apparently not required nor necessary most of the time). He also suggested that we might want to just start with a Histology Atlas and get the text later if we still feel it's necessary.

Does anyone have any good Atlases they would recommend?

-Wu

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our school recommends Ross, but some 3rd and 4th years I've spoken too said they preferred Wheater's. I think it's worthwhile checking out at your library if you have a few different types, to see which one you like best, including Junirken (or however you spell it).

Color Atlas Of Histology , i think thats even free, Sobotta's Atlas ; and realy nice book , Junqueira's Histology. I don't now are those books available in America. Best regards !

Our professor recommended the 2nd Edition of Kerr's Functional Histology. She said the illustrations make it invaluable. Good luck!

Junqueira's Histology- I used it in undergrad and then also in med school and I loved that it had great color pics and very easy to understand explainations.