Hitting a wall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shuzee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so now the test date is frightingly close and im slacking off! im not even done with my EK 1001 phys and chem but i cannot puch myself to do more. Its not like im super prepared....its just im so sick of looking at it and thinking about it. I really hope im not burnt out and i still want to take three more tests, but anyone else in my position?? I NEED SUPPORT!!!! :oops: :scared: :scared: :scared: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

It happens to the best. Just hang in there and do what you can and then just watch some tv or waste time on the internet until you can take some more. Your marginal returns are probably pretty small by now anyway, unless you really haven't studied much at all. Good luck.

shuzee said:
Ok, so now the test date is frightingly close and im slacking off! im not even done with my EK 1001 phys and chem but i cannot puch myself to do more. Its not like im super prepared....its just im so sick of looking at it and thinking about it. I really hope im not burnt out and i still want to take three more tests, but anyone else in my position?? I NEED SUPPORT!!!! :oops: :scared: :scared: :scared: :confused:

dont worry dude, im just like u. i have completed maybe half of both ek 1001 physics and g-chem. i also have 2 full lengths to take as well as some ek verbal 101. just hang in there, only 1 week left!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have three full lenghts left to take as well :-D

I totally feel you! I've been completely slacking this past week too. My score isn't in the range I want it to be in, but I am just so tired of looking at all of these. I agree with the others, by now, we've basically plateaued, so don't worry about it!

i've jettisoned all attempts to solidify gen chem and physics concepts at this point, and i'm back to cramming for biology. my BS scores have steadily slipped, and i'm hoping that a solid score will put me in the 30+ range.

good luck to everybody...can't wait to get rid of my study materials.

The same thing's happening to me! I just can't focus on studying... I don't mind taking practice sections, but I can't bring myself to review the Kaplan review notes! I have so little time, and even though my practice test scores are around my target, I don't feel prepared AT ALL, but it's not doing anything to kick my sorry little butt in to gear! :confused: I spend pretty much all my time stressing and thinking about the MCAT, but very little time actually goes into preparing for it.

i just bombed an EK 101 verbal and now have no motivation to study since i'm in the "whatever i do my score won't change mindset". very bad :(

I am going to repeat what I just said in another thread...

- STOP with the EK 1001!! These are for basic review only! you should be doing ONLY MCAT-style questions now.

- if you have more time and energy, put it in to doing ONE (only one) more full-length, since you do not have time for more (you must leave more than 3 days to recover before the real thing; I recommend a full week). Review your full-length in detail.

- focus on your 3 weakest content areas in each of PS and BS, and improve your understanding of those considerably. Go back and review related questions that you got wrong on past full-lengths. Understand correct answers.