Hitting a wall...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
im having the same problems. I'll work through a test, determine my score and go back to see why i missed it and its little mistakes. Its questions you should've have answered correctly. The only thing i can think of thats causing it is the time limit and not thinking clearly

mizilan said:
So I've been very fortunate thus far, getting on average 11PS 12VR and 12 BS (on Kap FL 1-4 and AAMC 6R), and am quite happy. But I feel like I'm hitting a wall. :mad:
A lot of my mistakes are really stupid, like I'll know the concept and just distort it in my mind for PS/BS. Or on VR I'll narrow a question down to 2 choices and reason my way out of the right one/choose the right one and then switch.
Is anyone else having similar frustrations? And probably more importantly, any ideas on how to fix it? We could all use less stupid mistakes, they're keeping us from getting just 1 point higher on each section.
So let me know, and good luck everyone.

how do you average 12 in verbal? my avg is your half

I think it's normal to hit a wall around 12, since anything above that has a lot of luck factor. The questions which take you above 12 are also the tricky questions, where the difference between the right answer and the very-close-to-being-right answer is subtle and easily missed. This is especially true on verbal. I say, be happy that you are averaging 35 and try to do some mental acrobatics during the test to snag a few of those trick questions.

mizilan said:
So I've been very fortunate thus far, getting on average 11PS 12VR and 12 BS (on Kap FL 1-4 and AAMC 6R), and am quite happy. But I feel like I'm hitting a wall. :mad:
A lot of my mistakes are really stupid, like I'll know the concept and just distort it in my mind for PS/BS. Or on VR I'll narrow a question down to 2 choices and reason my way out of the right one/choose the right one and then switch.
Is anyone else having similar frustrations? And probably more importantly, any ideas on how to fix it? We could all use less stupid mistakes, they're keeping us from getting just 1 point higher on each section.
So let me know, and good luck everyone.