[HKU] Medicine Undergraduate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iRunShow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would like to talk about medicine at HKU.

I applied and I am a high school student (grade 12). Anyone wanna share stats? Grades? And how difficult is it for an canadian grade 12 student to get into HKU Medicine?

I look forward to talking to you guys,
Thanks

Also, does anyone know the average for applying to HKU med? (gr.12 average)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not too sure about students getting in right after grade 12 (I only know one guy that applied to HKU in sr. year - he had a ~94% average in high school and still got rejected...), but quite a few people got into CUHK Med after their ugrad degrees in North America (note, I think most of them already had HK residency status though).

I guess it also depends if you're applying for the jupas or non-jupas stream.

I think you'll have better luck asking in the China and Eastern Asia part of the SDN forums.

Impossible.

HKU never accepts students from Canada after grade 12. On their website they specifically stated that they need the equivalent amount of schooling to consider applications from students. Since Hong Kong's grade system consists of Grade 13 (form 7), the equivalent amount of schooling would be in year 1 university. Of course, there are exceptions, but you need to be good enough for HKU to bend around the rules.

In terms of competitiveness to enter into HKU, they don't require MCATs if you're first year, but you'd need a 3.9 and above at least to obtain a reasonable chance of acceptance. Students applying after 2nd year would need their MCAT, and they don't look at VR, but your other sections better be at least 13 or above (that was the stats two years ago). That's for non-jupas of course, since you graduated from a Canadian high school.