hobby as extracurricular activity?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted904921

hi everyone,
i want to include a hobby into the application because i feel like i have something substantial i can say about myself through this hobby but i see that there are no sections for hobbies. would it be ok for it to be put under extracurricular activity, or is it better to just not talk about it at all?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you ever win an award for your hobby? I had a guy who put down he is a ranked video game player down as a hobby and actually was asked about it during the interview

Did you ever win an award for your hobby? I had a guy who put down he is a ranked video game player down as a hobby and actually was asked about it during the interview
oh no, it was more along the lines since doing my hobby (working out) more regularly, it taught me a new skills in life and impacted my life in XYZ ways compared to before. and it helped me overcome a lot of things as well (which i hoped to include in description/elaborate in interviews)

Members don't see this ad :)
I included my dog training and dog sport competition titles in my applications and was asked about it in every interview.

oh no, it was more along the lines since doing my hobby (working out) more regularly, it taught me a new skills in life and impacted my life in XYZ ways compared to before. and it helped me overcome a lot of things as well (which i hoped to include in description/elaborate in interviews)

Yeah... idunno if working out would set you apart from other candidates....

Reactions: 1 users
Perhaps if you are really into working out and you taught/trained others. If you are really into the counting macro and micro.. diet... oral care and fitness life then it should be okay (link it together). I talked a bit about lifting. During one of my interviews, I had to give step by step instructions on how I would train someone with their bench. I dwelled into the mechanics of form and provided demonstrations. You can tell a lot about someone from how they teach/talk about what they really enjoy. That was just at on interview though. If it is something you are really passionate about and can express your enthusiasm during an interview go for it. I've done interviews where applicants provided me a list of numerous hobbies and when I touched upon it their knowledge was very superficial and lacked enthusiasm.

Reactions: 2 users
Perhaps if you are really into working out and you taught/trained others. If you are really into the counting macro and micro.. diet... oral care and fitness life then it should be okay (link it together). I talked a bit about lifting. During one of my interviews, I had to give step by step instructions on how I would train someone with their bench. I dwelled into the mechanics of form and provided demonstrations. You can tell a lot about someone from how they teach/talk about what they really enjoy. That was just at on interview though. If it is something you are really passionate about and can express your enthusiasm during an interview go for it. I've done interviews where applicants provided me a list of numerous hobbies and when I touched upon it their knowledge was very superficial and lacked enthusiasm.
thank you this was very helpful !!

Reactions: 1 user
if working out is that important to you and made a huge impact on your life, i would put that in your personal statement.