• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

pADdlelf

10+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
anyone interview at SUNY Downstate and get placed on hold for spring consideration?...what does this mean?...i was told this is not a waitlist...i was wondering if this is a nicer way to reject people..thanks in advance..=)

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2006
Boston & NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
anyone interview at SUNY Downstate and get placed on hold for spring consideration?...what does this mean?...i was told this is not a waitlist...i was wondering if this is a nicer way to reject people..thanks in advance..=)

I thought it was the waitlist. Ah damnit oh well.

pADdlelf

10+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I thought it was the waitlist. Ah damnit oh well.

nah...i just called and they said they didn't have one....i wanted to ask what this spring consideration was all about but the lady seemed kinda annoyed

About the Ads

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2006
Boston & NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Well, preinterview, I got put on the "hold for fall consideration" category, but they pulled me off without seeing my fall grades and gave me an interview. Maybe they'll pull me off without seeing my spring grades, because they're definitely gonna be bad.

mdm_sparkle

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey - I got that letter too . . .it is my understanding that the committee decided not to reject us, but they weren't 100% sure to accept us either so they will compare all of us again with the folks that interview this spring. Of course I could be wrong. It could be a psychological warfare tactic of sorts for all I know . . .:scared:

gotmeds?

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I'm in the same boat with you guys. Looking at some threads from previous years, it seems that people do eventually get off the hold list, but I think your chances of getting accepted, waitlisted, or rejected are about the same as anyone else. Good luck.

gotmeds?

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
From what I remember from previous threads, you can get an acceptance, rejection, or waitlist straight off the "Hold for Spring Consideration" list. It really is a delayed decision and that decision can be any of the typical options.

DrCurious

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2005
Status (Visible)
Around when do they have the spring consideration? I was put in the hold category recently, I was under the impression that it basically turns into a waitlist. So some people do get in right from this category?

Cirrus83

Too old for this
10+ Year Member
May 31, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Ugh...got my Hold for Spring Consideration letter today...

So...still no acceptances and only one other interview...
God I'm screwed.

diggitybop

10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
Ugh...got my Hold for Spring Consideration letter today...

So...still no acceptances and only one other interview...
God I'm screwed.

for what its worth you aren't screwed, you are on hold one place and another interview, you still got hope. when did you interview? it has been 4 weeks for me. i know its supposed to be roughly 6 weeks but i cannot wait anymore. my interview was pretty bad so i am hoping for atleast a hold.

Cirrus83

Too old for this
10+ Year Member
May 31, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
for what its worth you aren't screwed, you are on hold one place and another interview, you still got hope. when did you interview? it has been 4 weeks for me. i know its supposed to be roughly 6 weeks but i cannot wait anymore. my interview was pretty bad so i am hoping for atleast a hold.

It was exactly 1 month and 3 days when I got the hold letter so...about 5 weeks.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.