Hold out for funding?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ypsicity

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
X

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you sure Wayne State offers funding? I'm looking around their site and don't see anything about funding for grad students.

They have a few non-teaching graduate assistantships.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I definitely imagine you'd be qualified to receive a GA position from them. Even if you don't, the fact that your husband has a job in the area really limits your options, unless he thinks he could find a new job for next year at or near another school you expect to receive funding at--but then there's STILL no guarantee you will get funding there. I suppose one option, if you don't get funding this year, would be to apply to Western Michigan and Central Michigan. I realize they're pretty far away, but maybe you and your husband could rent a place halfway and both commute. It would be a major pain, but it could make a huge difference financially.

I'd say the financial benefits reaped from staying with your husband probably outweigh the expenses of tuition if you are paying in-state rates.

I think it's unusual to be fully funded in an Au.D. program (but correct me if I'm wrong!)

I heard from a fellow student that last year Wayne State didn't have much in the way of funding, so I would want to double check with them personally whether or not that's really a possibility this year.

Many Au.D. programs don't offer any funding at all, but even the ones that do have money, it's often not full funding or available for every student. It's not like a Ph.D.

Have you heard from any others who's final decision is Wayne State? I ask because I haven't heard back and am assuming I'm waitlisted. Thanks for any input! Steve.

Hi Steve:

I only know of one other person who applied, and she received her acceptance e-mail on March 12th. I know it took a long time for CSDCAS to process everything from her - when was your information mailed to Wayne?

I received word about my graduate assistantship today :banana:

Thanks again for all the insight.

awesome!!!! congratulations!