snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So basically, you can hold a seat at as many schools you want until school starts. I mean, if you send in all of the deposits ($$$$). So there is no cut off as to when you have to choose one school, right? :confused:

lazybummy

5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Schools began to exchange names of students who are currently placing multiple deposits/holding multiple seats I believe May 1? or the first week of May.. they have the right to revoke their acceptances if you don't withdraw from all but one spot by a certain deadline. I know some schools take a big offense of that.

Simiam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Philly
Status
Dental Student
http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/aadsas/Documents/ADEA Guidelines Traffic Rules for AADSAS 2007.pdf

f) Applicants holding positions at multiple institutions. Dental schools participating in AADSAS will report to AADSAS by May 1, the names and identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit and/or hold a position in their entering class. After May 5, AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions. Dental schools will have the option of rescinding an offer of admission to candidates who have paid deposits and are holding positions at multiple institutions. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on May 1of the year of admission will give such candidates a minimum 15-day notice if they choose to withdraw them from the entering class. This policy will be evaluated every two years by the ADEA Section of Dental School Admissions Officers to assess its impact on applicants and dental schools and provide applicants a reasonable time-frame to complete their enrollment process.

Feb 28, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
This is obviously a lame attempt at sparking some sdn-war. Snaggleass was all over the "drop dead date" thread and is perfectly familiar with the process. This might very well be an attempt at recieving attention for a comment that does little more but insight applicant's emotions over a topic that most all of us dwell on.

I would recommend that we either disregard this thread in its entirety or allocate it as an OP-basher.....

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
This is obviously a lame attempt at sparking some sdn-war. Snaggleass was all over the "drop dead date" thread and is perfectly familiar with the process. This might very well be an attempt at recieving attention for a comment that does little more but insight applicant's emotions over a topic that most all of us dwell on.

I would recommend that we either disregard this thread in its entirety or allocate it as an OP-basher.....
ok assdrift, nice name throwing, for your information, this was the first time someone gave the correct information. i say we disregard you an allocate you as an op-basher. so there.

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]

i just got back from looking over some posts previously made by this person. you do the same and let me know what you think. rude and obnoxious. drift, there was no reason for you to bash me like that. this is an open forum as you well know. you are probably holding seats at harvard, penn, columbia and your state school. fine for you, i do certainly understand your (or anyone's) reason for holding multiple seats, i dont care. i just simply asked what were the the reality of how long you can hold more than one seat at a school. bottom line, I WANT TO GET IN THIS CYCLE!

Feb 28, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
i just got back from looking over some posts previously made by this person. you do the same and let me know what you think. rude and obnoxious. drift, there was no reason for you to bash me like that. this is an open forum as you well know. you are probably holding seats at harvard, penn, columbia and your state school. fine for you, i do certainly understand your (or anyone's) reason for holding multiple seats, i dont care. i just simply asked what were the the reality of how long you can hold more than one seat at a school. bottom line, I WANT TO GET IN THIS CYCLE!
It is like an open invitation..............

1. the very quote in this thread that you claim answered your quetion was posted in the "drop dead dates" thread which you posted on several times.

2. if you really did read any of my previous posts you would have noticed that i am completely against having multiple deposits.

3. i am curious as to what you mean when you say "i do the same". because i certainly do not start pointless threads that have been discussed to death.

4. if you really didn't know about May 1st before this thread then it leads me to wonder what in the world is going on upstairs.

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It is like an open invitation..............

1. the very quote in this thread that you claim answered your quetion was posted in the "drop dead dates" thread which you posted on several times.

2. if you really did read any of my previous posts you would have noticed that i am completely against having multiple deposits.

3. i am curious as to what you mean when you say "i do the same". because i certainly do not start pointless threads that have been discussed to death.

4. if you really didn't know about May 1st before this thread then it leads me to wonder how in the world what is going on upstairs.
1. shut it.
2. you are annoying
3. whats your point?
4. upstairs where?

Feb 28, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
1. shut it.
2. you are annoying
3. whats your point?
4. upstairs where?

I guess I could have expected this turning into an argument with a 5 year old from the naive manner in which this thread began. I'll make it simple.....by the end of May there shouldn't be anyone left holding onto multiple deposits.

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I guess I could have expected this turning into an argument with a 5 year old from the naive manner in which this thread began. I'll make it simple.....by the end of May there shouldn't be anyone left holding onto multiple deposits.[/QUOTE

the thread would have been finished and conversation closed long ago had you not insulted me. "snaggleass" thats a 5 year old mentality and i have stooped to your level. done.

Sauce

5+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2009
Status
Dental Student
So basically, you can hold a seat at as many schools you want until school starts. I mean, if you send in all of the deposits ($$$$). So there is no cut off as to when you have to choose one school, right? :confused:
Any idea about which schools those are?