Hole Punching

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waltoncj

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I am working on DAT Achiever, I notice that their are a lot of hole punching problems that are on the edges of pages. Was there a lot of these hole punches on the edges of the paper/fold on the real DAT for those who have taken it? Was there any at all? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

waltoncj said:
As I am working on DAT Achiever, I notice that their are a lot of hole punching problems that are on the edges of pages. Was there a lot of these hole punches on the edges of the paper/fold on the real DAT for those who have taken it? Was there any at all? Thanks.

I believe you must have been referring to the tiny fold like Q49 of PAT 1. This is the the so-called weird 1/8th fold (diagonal/horizontal/vertical) you're going to see (probably 2 questions) in the real PAT. Let me know if this is not what you meant in this thread.

mutual said:
I believe you must have been referring to the tiny fold like Q49 of PAT 1. This is the the so-called weird 1/8th fold (diagonal/horizontal/vertical) you're going to see (probably 2 questions) in the real PAT. Let me know if this is not what you meant in this thread.

Yes, I am referring to a hole punch on the side of a paper or fold that only shows half of the hole before it is unfolded. Thanks.

waltoncj said:
Yes, I am referring to a hole punch on the side of a paper or fold that only shows half of the hole before it is unfolded. Thanks.

In that case, half hole along the edge of paper can be numerous (I mean more than two) in the real test but it can only appear in folded forms other than the very last one. For as long as you can pay attention to the symmetrical lines and carefully/quickly/mentally unfold these to determine each respective mirror image (remember to cater for supposedly missing hole(s) for questions involving three folds especially) in reverse manner, you should be all set to ace this very section. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
mutual said:
In that case, half hole along the edge of paper can be numerous (I mean more than two) in the real test but it can only appear in folded forms other than the very last one. For as long as you can pay attention to the symmetrical lines and carefully/quickly/mentally unfold these to determine each respective mirror image (remember to cater for supposedly missing hole(s) for questions involving three folds especially) in reverse manner, you should be all set to ace this very section. :)

thank you

smildoc2 said:
i had no partial holes on the real thing

Not on the right most square, of course... but it's likely/possible to have 1/2 (at times 3/8 or even 1/4) hole(s) on fold(s) lying underneath depending on the type/combination of folds involved. You're simply seeing a more than complete picture for the various types of "would-be" hole punching questions on the real test just like what you will encounter in rest of other sections. Make full use of this guide and you will assuredly flourish with your final great DAT scores. :)