honeslty how early yet are we in hte process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Wall$treet

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok i know SDN is not the best guage cause everyone here seems to have interived etc already but from all the premeds you konw and be honest to give us a true guage, how far are we in the process? I mean i have all my secondaries in and now august scores are in im sure. I mean is it stil early in the game, im having a hard time judging cause i talk to people at school and most arent nealry done secondaries, buti come on here and eveyrone is.. so looking for some opinions. thnx oh ya someone mentioned columbia is not rolling? is that true.. if so :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools don't START interviewing until November (Einstein, Sinai, I believe).

So I think we're still early.

I don't know about Einstein, but Sinai has been interviewing for a while. I don't know if this is really still considered "early," but it's certainly not late. I think we're right on time. :)

As for Columbia, they are NOT rolling, but they do process apps in the order that they receive them, whatever that means.

Members don't see this ad :)
columbia is intense... they interview so many damn people. i'm at the school doing an MPH right now... i live in the dorm with all the meddies. they're a fun group- the area is fairly ghetto here though. there was a HOT chick who was interviewing here this weekend. geez, i just wanted to tell her she was hot- but, you know how that goes...
p

MCW...thats the school I was thinking of. MCW doesn't start interviewing until November.

I've talked to at least one person who only has 1/3 of secondaries completely done. Don't know how representative that is, but I'd imagine there are people who are just hoping to get them in before November?

I know of a few people who have just sent in a few secondaries at this point. They had either sent in their primary late, or were holding off for fear of being compared to the "really smart" people.

I think we're right on cue if you manage to send in your secondaries about a month before its due.

I know a girl who applied for MD/PhD last year who didn't get her AMCAS in till November and her secondaries in till December, missed the deadline for a bunch of schools, and yet still gained acceptance to three schools (Albert Einstein, Columbia, & UCSD (MD-only, where she now attends)). So it's not exactly early, but it's not too late if you've got the qualifications.

einstein has been interviewing since early sept, sinai since october