Dr. Wall$treet

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2002
Phoenix
Visit site
Status
Ok i know SDN is not the best guage cause everyone here seems to have interived etc already but from all the premeds you konw and be honest to give us a true guage, how far are we in the process? I mean i have all my secondaries in and now august scores are in im sure. I mean is it stil early in the game, im having a hard time judging cause i talk to people at school and most arent nealry done secondaries, buti come on here and eveyrone is.. so looking for some opinions. thnx oh ya someone mentioned columbia is not rolling? is that true.. if so :clap:

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
44 deg 1 min 11 sec N, 92 deg 28 min 55 sec W
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Some schools don't START interviewing until November (Einstein, Sinai, I believe).

So I think we're still early.

Curci

The Master Chief
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
I don't know about Einstein, but Sinai has been interviewing for a while. I don't know if this is really still considered "early," but it's certainly not late. I think we're right on time. :)

As for Columbia, they are NOT rolling, but they do process apps in the order that they receive them, whatever that means.

About the Ads

poloace

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2001
NY,NY
Visit site
Status
columbia is intense... they interview so many damn people. i'm at the school doing an MPH right now... i live in the dorm with all the meddies. they're a fun group- the area is fairly ghetto here though. there was a HOT chick who was interviewing here this weekend. geez, i just wanted to tell her she was hot- but, you know how that goes...
p

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
44 deg 1 min 11 sec N, 92 deg 28 min 55 sec W
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
MCW...thats the school I was thinking of. MCW doesn't start interviewing until November.

Random Access

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
I've talked to at least one person who only has 1/3 of secondaries completely done. Don't know how representative that is, but I'd imagine there are people who are just hoping to get them in before November?

PrincessCKNY

Crown Royal Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2002
Philly
Visit site
Status
I know of a few people who have just sent in a few secondaries at this point. They had either sent in their primary late, or were holding off for fear of being compared to the "really smart" people.

I think we're right on cue if you manage to send in your secondaries about a month before its due.

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2002
the beach
Status
Attending Physician
I know a girl who applied for MD/PhD last year who didn't get her AMCAS in till November and her secondaries in till December, missed the deadline for a bunch of schools, and yet still gained acceptance to three schools (Albert Einstein, Columbia, & UCSD (MD-only, where she now attends)). So it's not exactly early, but it's not too late if you've got the qualifications.

W

wexy

einstein has been interviewing since early sept, sinai since october

About the Ads