Honest input needed...

Started by ChyLn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ChyLn

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got my MCAT score

VR 10
PS 12
BS 14
WS P

With a 36P, am I still in contention at top tier schools like Harvard, Hopkins, and WashU MSTP?

My GPA is ~3.8, majoring in Biochemistry. I have a number of extracurriculars, including intense research and a varsity sport. I will be publishing at least 3 papers; 2 second authors, hopefully one first author.

Should I be concerned about the MCAT?

Thanks!
 
ChyLn said:
I just got my MCAT score

VR 10
PS 12
BS 14
WS P

With a 36P, am I still in contention at top tier schools like Harvard, Hopkins, and WashU MSTP?

My GPA is ~3.8, majoring in Biochemistry. I have a number of extracurriculars, including intense research and a varsity sport. I will be publishing at least 3 papers; 2 second authors, hopefully one first author.

Should I be concerned about the MCAT?

Thanks!

You're set! Congrats!

go get em!
 
ChyLn said:
I just got my MCAT score

VR 10
PS 12
BS 14
WS P

With a 36P, am I still in contention at top tier schools like Harvard, Hopkins, and WashU MSTP?

My GPA is ~3.8, majoring in Biochemistry. I have a number of extracurriculars, including intense research and a varsity sport. I will be publishing at least 3 papers; 2 second authors, hopefully one first author.

Should I be concerned about the MCAT?

Thanks!

My credentials were very similar to yours (GPA, MCAT, my major was Chemistry, number of papers-I was lower in the authorship order; I went to a state school) and the rejections I got were the Harvard HST, and Stanford MSTP. Congratulations on the great score and credentials. I would apply to any school you were serious about doing the MSTP.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seriously ChyLn, you should be like, "Whatevah whatevah, I do what I want!"

You have good credentials. You'll do just great!