Honoring radiology elective?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

monalisa83

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im a new MS 4 (about 1 month in) and I was wondering how important it is to honor my radiology elective. In order to honor, we are required to do a case report which I don't have very much time or energy for. Thanks in advance.
 
Im a new MS 4 (about 1 month in) and I was wondering how important it is to honor my radiology elective. In order to honor, we are required to do a case report which I don't have very much time or energy for. Thanks in advance.

Are you going into radiology?

If not, I would say it isn't important. (Although it really doesn't look good if you're one month into MS4 and already lack the energy to complete one case report)

If you are interested in radiology, I'd highly urge you to reconsider your position.
 
I agree with the above poster. If you aren't applying rads then I don't see why you care about honoring a rads rotation, and if you are interested in rads it is pretty sad you are too lazy to do 1 case report in a months time. I think that's a pretty easy requirement for honoring, and it shows you really have a lack of interest in the field if you don't want to do that bare minimum.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree with the above poster. If you aren't applying rads then I don't see why you care about honoring a rads rotation, and if you are interested in rads it is pretty sad you are too lazy to do 1 case report in a months time. I think that's a pretty easy requirement for honoring, and it shows you really have a lack of interest in the field if you don't want to do that bare minimum.

I wish it was that easy to honor rads elective at my school. Isnt a case report usually like 2 pages or something? lol. We have to do 2 presentations and have an exam. Oh well.
 
I havent seen a program that has defined "honoring" conditions -- I must be at the wrong places. As far as I know -- show up, read, impress people and give a nice presentation.
 
I havent seen a program that has defined "honoring" conditions -- I must be at the wrong places. As far as I know -- show up, read, impress people and give a nice presentation.

I haven't looked at many places, but the University of Washington in Seattle has very specific directions on Honors requirements.

I was going to do an away rotation there, but the secretary in charge of visiting students was slower than molasses, and I had to make other plans.