Honors College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JOKeefe10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will attending my university's honors college have any significance in the application process??

Members don't see this ad.

only if you kick some serious tail in all of your classes. otherwise, I'd say it's probably not worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
join if you want to.

honors colleges usually require some sort of lower divison seminar class. i dont know abotu others, but seminar classes end up being some of my favorite classes even if i has nothing to do with science because i love the learning atmosphere and the group discussions.

if you just want to blow by college and not care about learning a single thing, or taking something away with you that is meaningful, you might want to skip the honors program.

Ye know... I'm going to go ahead and tell you to take Honors.

I'm taking Honors, and I'm also getting a double major, screw what everyone else here on SDN says, I'm not going to stop myself from taking two majors, and I'm not going to stop myself from taking honors just to protect my GPA, I'm having a good time doing it, and I've got a very competitive GPA(3.7).

While I doubt this will have a huge impact on anything, I think it will definitely be a positive impact, if anything. Why not have a little fun, and learn a little bit more than the other guy?

It shows dedication in this world of sycophants.