Hopeless is an understatement...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

googlygrape

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've applied to 8 schools in Dec, and got rejected from 4, got my 4th rejection today. (NYU, Temple, UCONN, Case).

I have 4 more left, USC, BU, Tufts, Howard. Does anyone know if they are done giving out interviews or anything? This just sucks, I really screwed myself over not getting the $$ in time to apply early for apps, but saving took awhile for $2000 worth of app stuff...

any words of wisdom? encouragement? reality? hahaha thanks everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm not sure about the other 3 schools, but USC is still interviewing. Good luck and don't let anything bring down your spirit!

So I've applied to 8 schools in Dec, and got rejected from 4, got my 4th rejection today. (NYU, Temple, UCONN, Case).

I have 4 more left, USC, BU, Tufts, Howard. Does anyone know if they are done giving out interviews or anything? This just sucks, I really screwed myself over not getting the $$ in time to apply early for apps, but saving took awhile for $2000 worth of app stuff...

any words of wisdom? encouragement? reality? hahaha thanks everyone

What is your GPA/DAT? Without knowing that, my only advice would be to get a credit card and apply the first day the application opens next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't there a financial aid portion of the AADSAS thing that helps you pay for the app?

You should have done some research before applying, because if you had you would have realized that you were wasting money on uconn since they decide their entire class on december 1st. Just letting you know.

What is your GPA/DAT? Without knowing that, my only advice would be to get a credit card and apply the first day the application opens next year.

Ditto.

I think there is still hope if you have pretty decent stats. Applying early REALLY does help in the dental game. Good luck though, there is still definitely a chance. I knew someone who got in a week after school started. But they had already previously interviewed. What I am trying to say is keep hope. :thumbup:

Yes, keep hope. But if you have to apply next cycle, make sure to let me know where you apply/hope to get into*

*Assuming that's you in the picture.;)**

**I kid!:xf: Best of luck with your remaining options.

ouch. applied way too late. Shoot for end of june or really early of July. Try applying a lot ealier.
All you can do right now is maybe call them and ask them about your application. basically make yourself known to the school.

You might have a chance with USC because they are finishing their second batch of interviews this month. The class is only 25% full.

BU will interview all the way into march but keep in mind that they also need to give you enough time heads up to schedule an interview so you might be looking at something like beginning of march where interview invitations are all sent out.

Tufts.... I think are still interviewing, at least I know that some people still had interview dates last week.