Hopkins!?!?! AHHHH!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madrigail

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OKay,

So at the end of September, Hopkins sends me an email stating that they had not received my letter of rec packet from my pre-med committee (though my committee sent out my letters in Middle August) and that my application was marked as "incomplete." So, not being too too pissed, I had my pre-med office send another packet. Thought all was well.....

Today, however, I get another email. "We're missing a letter of recommendation from [insert personal rec.], and you're still marked as incomplete." I personally saw my letter writer drop that rec. in the mail the first week of August. They couldn't have told me they were missing that one when the emailed me in sept??!!!???

So now I am waaaaay late, and prolly have no shot at being interviewed at Hopkins.

That is all.
*End of Rant*

~madrigail

Members don't see this ad.

that really sucks. hope things work out.

but it brings up a good point, its on us to make sure we're complete at schools. at least once call every school, make sure they received everything, even if there's a status page or not, confirm that you're complete and ready for review. its also a nice way to get a status update too.

Well, the vast majority of the applicants whose application process went entirely smoothly still won't get interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Call them and try to clear it up over the phone--tell them you have confirmed with the missing letter-writer that it was indeed mailed and that this person is going to send another copy ASAP. Follow up the phone call with an e-mail confirming what you just discussed.

I don't know what the deadlines are, but if you can get the missing letter in, you still have a shot at being interviewed--application receipt has little bearing on when you're actually interviewed (I was complete in Aug but didn't interview until Feb). :luck:

can you fax it to them? instant gratification.