Hopkins and USMLE part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckent

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do Hopkins med students take USMLE part 1? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Since the USMLE is not required at Hopkins, it can be scheduled whenever it's convenient. Most people take it in the spring or summer after second year (which ends in March). Since we can choose the order in which we take our clerkships, we have a great deal of flexibility in deciding when to take the boards.

Hope this helps.

doepug
MS II, Hopkins

Thanks for the info, I'm a Maryland 2nd year and I was just wondering if it was going to be difficult to get the time and location that I wanted to take the USMLE. Almost all of us will be taking it sometime in June, it is required before we go onto third year.

It is difficult to get the date/location you want, particularly if you're taking the exam in late june, so you should think about the timeframe you want to study for early. Dr. Dolan will also schedule meetings with 2nd years that allow you to discuss board prep and your schedule. Overall though, the people who do well in class do VERY well on the boards, so I wouldn't worry.

Good Luck
UMAB'03