Hopkins is really quiet.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Curci

The Master Chief
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that their secondary is available online, but has anyone gotten an official invitation from Hopkins to fill it out? I didn't think that they screened applicants (at least my semi-outdated Princeton Review Med School Book says that they don't.) Do they send out invitations, or are we just expected to submit the secondary on our own?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not applying there, but I looked in the current MSAR and it says that Hopkins "school application fee to ALL applicants" is $75. So that must mean that they don't screen.

they don't screen, but they pay attention to your app status. i don't believei ever got an invite to apply (it's just on their website) for the 2ndary, but after i started working on it, i got some reminder updates from the adoffice. i.e. "we haven't received your LORS... just to let you know, we won't process until your file is complete... thanks for the payment..." yadda yadda yadda. so if you send in the 2ndaries, they're working on the post-secondary screening. if you're interested, go to their site and fill out the secondary. if you can't find it, there's a thread on the "schools requesting secondaries" where the hopkins listing has a link

Members don't see this ad :)
I basically have the secondary already filled out. I was just waiting to submit it because I figured there was no need to give them money if they had already lost interest in me. ^^; Thanks for your help. I'll submit it right away.

hi...

i just submitted my application online for JHU, and it said that we have to print out the app on pdf format and send it in. but when i print it...it has the words, "applicant copy" on every page. is that what we're supposed to send in or is there a way to get rid of the "applicant copy"? thanks!

I sent that one (the copy with "applicant copy" written on it).

Just so everyone knows, Hopkins will begin interviewing applicants on September 12.

Good luck!

doepug
MS III, Johns Hopkins

Doepug,

Thanks for the heads up. But if that's the case, how come nobody in the interview thread have received an invitation?

Originally posted by jalan2
Thanks for the heads up. But if that's the case, how come nobody in the interview thread have received an invitation?

Well... logic would suggest that no one who has posted in the interview thread has been invited yet. Trust me, this date is real.

Hopkins admits on a rolling basis, so get those applications in!

Cheers,
doepug

i guess sdner's aren't getting any luv from jhu

So, is it OK to send them a secondary if they haven't requested one from you yet? If so, I need to get crackin!

So let me get this straight....AMCAS sends a copy to Hopkins, and I am supposed to just read their minds that they want a secondary from me? No "thanks for applying, here's the secondary" letter or an email or anything?

I am confused.

That's what i'm sayin! I checked online and there's nothing that indicates (from what I can see) if they received my AMCAS app or sent me a secondary invite. How are we supposed to know???

Didn't you hear? One of the selection criteria is hyperactivity @ SDN. Just kidding. Anyhow, that's how I heard about the secondary more than a month ago.

Seems to me that if you can get your hands on the secondary application from their webpage, you might as well do it and throw it their way, regardless of what they do or don't say. From what I've heard of last year, in the notorious AMCAS crash of '01, Hopkins admissions heads had to sort through thousands of data-broken applications. The last thing they probably had on their minds was secondary application invites, and who knows, maybe some of that sentiment has carried over to this year (residual chaos, perhaps).

So chuck 'em in, says I. What can they do about it, return them with frowny faces stamped on? If they prefered to invite a select crowd of applicants to fill out the extra information, then it was their fault for making them freely accessible online. They've given you the go-ahead, so might as well go ahead!

best of luck,
~DB