Hopkins secondary questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pushkin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the "undergraduate gpa" we're supposed to enter should include postbacc undergraduate work? There's also a place to enter just the postbacc gpa. But postbacc is a subcategory OF undergrad, so I'm not sure whether to also count it toward my undergrad gpa.

Also, for LORs, if we are submitting a committee letter, does that mean we leave the "Faculty member 1" and 2 and the other lines blank? That's how some schools seem to be doing it.

Hopkins doesn't seem to have an email address and I tried calling them, but they only answer the phone Mon-Wed! Their instructions don't really say much either.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Pushkin..

If i were you, I would enter the same under GPA totals as were on your AMCAS. You don't want to schools to see it as an inconsisency and hold up you application. IN terms of the letters, I think you can only put one or the other-- either the committee chair's name or some faculty names. either way, you can submit both kinds of letters. I put my pre-med committee chair's name and will also be submiting about 4-5 other letters as well.. any more ??? , just ask :)

~LR :thumbup:

But AMCAS defines the following GPAs:

Freshman
Sophomore
Junior
Senior
Postbaccalaureate Undergrad
Cummulative Undergrad

To be consistent with AMCAS, I'd use cummulative undergrad. I just don't know if that's what Hopkins really is asking for. It seems to me that if they're going to have only two categories, they would devote one to each of the subcategories of Regular Undergrad and Post-bacc Undergrad. Does anyone know?