Hi Everyone, I am hoping for some insight from SDN users on how to handle the situation I am in. I released my COMLEX Step 1 scores to ERAS on 7/1/2011. I decided to wait to submit my applications to DO residencies because I was certain that I would improve my score for Step 2. I took my Step 2 on 7/7/2011, and 4 weeks later I found out that I failed. I am already a nervous test-taker, and to top it off, the computer I was using crashed in the middle of my exam. The load time between questions was long, and some times it wouldn't let me select an answer. As the exam progressed, my momentum was thrown off, and my ability to think clearly became obscured by frustration. I was given the choice of either having the exam scored or retaking it, and since I felt I had prepared sufficiently, I opted to have them score it. Big mistake! The tragedy of this is that the rest of my application is stellar- with apparently great letters (I haven't seen them, but this is going off of what the dean told me), a scholarship, some awards, and a great class rank. I just have a mediocre step 1 score, and now a failed first attempt at step 2. Since it is the middle of August, I am getting antsy about submitting my applications for DO programs- they are all ready, I just need a passing step 2 score for them to be complete. ERAS states that, "Transcript requests are not processed until you apply to programs and pay the transcript fee. Every time that you assign your COMLEX transcript to programs, the NBOME will process your request and upload the most recent transcript that they have on file for you at that time." So based on that, I am aware that although I released my Step 1 before I found out my Step 2, they will still release both scores to residencies if I apply now. Should I send in all of my materials to residencies except my COMLEX, or should I wait until I have a new Step 2 score to apply? I don't think any program will offer me an interview with a failed step 2 on record. I wish I submitted my applications before I received my Step 2 score because then I think I would have avoided applying so late. If I wait until I receive my score for my new step 2, I will be submitting my applications in early october- many applicants will have received interview invites by this time. I feel like this incident with my exam will cost me my ability to match Any thoughts or advice is much appreciated.