Hospital patient workup guide for pharmacists

Started by taterbean
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

taterbean

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, we have a lot of pharmacy students that come through the hospital on rotations, I was wondering if anyone has a comprehensive guide on mental checks all pharmacists should go through when working up patients? Sort of an easy to follow flow sheet that I can give to the students, because they all do it differently and often omit important considerations. I know what I do, but seeing what everyone else does to supplement, thanks!
 
Obviously gi and dvt prophy, as well as appropriateness of dosing, butbeyond that it depends on the patient and what service they're on (neurosurg vs im vs gen peds etc)