Hospital pharm tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UrbanPharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is in the wrong forum, but...

How in the world can you get hired on as a tech in a hospital? They all want you to have hospital experience, but how do you get it if you can't get hired?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How it works here: apply anyway, even if you don't meet the experience requirement. You'll eventually be hired as a casual or part time employee and get experience.
It also helps a lot to know someone who works in the hospital pharmacy. :(

Reactions: 1 users
Where I live, a certification in IV Admixture is required a lot of the time, and will help you a lot in getting a job in a hospital setting. That said, the cost of the class is rather expensive. If you can afford the class, go for it (it's a 2 day class). Otherwise, apply with what you have and hope they look at you.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can try to volunteer. A lot of hospitals (at least in my area) take volunteers for the pharmacy, get some experience try and apply again.

Well where I live, you need 1000 hours min. experience as a pharmacy tech and als0 be certified to apply as a hospital tech.

Thanks guys! I'll just keep applying and see what happens. Just started pharm school, so I'll probably be pretty busy anyway.