hospital pharmacist: plz, share ur experience

Started by fftb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fftb

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, guys!
I am a retail pharmacist, and I am thinking about doing residency to get OUT of retail. A lot of residents and pharmacists are saying that working in a hospital has a lot of downsides, like:
--working in a lower level(dungeon) with no windows, which is depresing
--hospitals and patients smell
--you're still under control of the doctor
--work overload(i don't think it's any worse than retail though!!!!!!)

Is that true? I haven't had a chance to work in a hopital, I know nothing about hospitals.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, guys!
I am a retail pharmacist, and I am thinking about doing residency to get OUT of retail. A lot of residents and pharmacists are saying that working in a hospital has a lot of downsides, like:
--working in a lower level(dungeon) with no windows, which is depresing
--hospitals and patients smell
--you're still under control of the doctor
--work overload(i don't think it's any worse than retail though!!!!!!)

Is that true? I haven't had a chance to work in a hopital, I know nothing about hospitals.

Best advice. Find out for your self. You need intern hours, apply at your local hospital.

As per your specific questions.

1. No. I have windows over looking hospital courtyard. I am on the top floor. No windows who care. You won't see many windows in retail pharmacy. (unless you have drive through)

2. Yes, it is the law. But it is what you make of it. If you have legitimate concerns, your recommendation is valid based on the patient and their medical needs, damn right they will listen to you.

3. I work day shift (8 hours) every 12th weekend. (I know i am very lucky in this regard). But realistically you will do every 4th or 6th weekend. Depending on your hospitals needs and schedule.
 
Best advice. Find out for your self. You need intern hours, apply at your local hospital.

As per your specific questions.

1. No. I have windows over looking hospital courtyard. I am on the top floor. No windows who care. You won't see many windows in retail pharmacy. (unless you have drive through)

2. Yes, it is the law. But it is what you make of it. If you have legitimate concerns, your recommendation is valid based on the patient and their medical needs, damn right they will listen to you.

3. I work day shift (8 hours) every 12th weekend. (I know i am very lucky in this regard). But realistically you will do every 4th or 6th weekend. Depending on your hospitals needs and schedule.
holy crap dude! I haven't seen you on here in ages! We need to troll some threads!
 
lol! you are still kicking and owning the forum. the world stand still in the face of caverject.