Hospital Pharmacists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

themorphinerule

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all:

I have an interview with a Dir of Pharmacy for a hospital. I'm not 100% sure what to expect-- Is anyone else in this situation, or have gone through an interview at a hospital recently? Do you mind sharing your experience and the sorts of questions I should expect? That goes for any forum members who think they can offer decent advice. Thanks.

Much Appreciated!
 
Hey all:

I have an interview with a Dir of Pharmacy for a hospital. I'm not 100% sure what to expect-- Is anyone else in this situation, or have gone through an interview at a hospital recently? Do you mind sharing your experience and the sorts of questions I should expect? That goes for any forum members who think they can offer decent advice. Thanks.

Much Appreciated!

http://www.pharmacist.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Typical_Interview_Questions

maybe go through those questions and answer.... that prepared me for an 8-hour multi-panel series of interviews at a hospital, which i ended up getting an offer for but ultimately turned down.... getting ready to start at my local hospital though..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8 hour interview??!? that's nuts! My interview was only half hour at most but that was 4 years ago.
 
8 hour interview??!? that's nuts! My interview was only half hour at most but that was 4 years ago.

yep it was quite an ordeal... a half-hour to an hour or so with pretty much all areas... dop, other management, a group of pharmacists in operations, a group of clinical pharmacists, lunch with dop and one other... but i studied up on particular interests of certain people and did my interview questions over and over, but not to the point where it seemed as if it wasn't natural... it was a children's hospital, but i would have had to relocate and it wasn't a location where i wanted to be long term. i was going to do it but something else local and non-retail came up...
 
so are you working in a hospital now? I guess I never realized how competitive these jobs have gotten.
 
I had an interview for a clinical specialist position last week that was 8-5. Long day!