Hospital Pharmacy Internship Interview--what do they ask?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaba101

Doctor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When being interviewed by a handful 3-6 pharmacy supervisors for a hospital pharmacy internship (usually inpatient), what sorts of questions do they ask? I need a little guidance on how to prepare for this interview. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

When being interviewed by a handful 3-6 pharmacy supervisors for a hospital pharmacy internship (usually inpatient), what sorts of questions do they ask? I need a little guidance on how to prepare for this interview. Thank you.

Can you work every weekend evenings?

Tell me about a difficult situation with someone that you worked with and tell me how you dealt with it.

Tell me all you know about heart failure. ha ha ha

Members don't see this ad :)
Describe a time that you communicated well on a subject.

Describe an outcome of something that you worked on as part of a team.

My last interview for a hospital was so long ago, that is all I remeber.

umm quality assurance on parenteral products.

I'm trying to think what else. I know what I expect of my fellow interns - work the entire damn shift you're scheduled, I don't care if you don't want to stay out until 2330 - that's the scheduled shift!

umm quality assurance on parenteral products.

I'm trying to think what else. I know what I expect of my fellow interns - work the entire damn shift you're scheduled, I don't care if you don't want to stay out until 2330 - that's the scheduled shift!

and don't sit and stare at the computer or goof off on the computer while the phones are ringing off the hook, just because your job is caught up it doesn't mean that you can't do anything else.