Hospital Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firstcitizen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been working at a major chain pharmacy for about two years now. We're a pretty high volume store and when I don't have school during the summer they give me 10 hr shifts. Since we're severly understaffed like anywhere else, I feel as if I'm enduring a perpetual heart attack during those 10 hours since we're working at breakneck speeds to keep up with the workload. You all well know what it's like. Sometimes I question whether I can endure that day-in and day-out in the future.

I haven't had any exposure to a hospital environment, so I was wondering what the work environment is like at either an in-patient or out-patient pharmacy. Do you stand on your feet all day and feel hustled to work faster under a timeclock?

Members don't see this ad.

I do inpatient pharmacy. I've never had any experience with an outpt hospital pharmacy.

No, I'm not on my feet all day. I do walk a lot during the day.

No, I don't work at breakneck speeds when I work inpt, but I don't work that way when I'm in a retail setting either - thats just the way I am.

Both environments are understaffed.

I left full time inpt work due to staffing considerations, so that environment is not paradise either.

What retail pharmacy do you work at and where?

Members don't see this ad :)

sorry - I can't divulge the ID of my employment - just would put me too close to the line of divulging information which I've agreed by my employment can only be kept confidential....:(

I will be happy to divulge that information! She really works for AACP and rats pre-pharm people out that say silly things like, "this school sucks because...." The second job thing she claims is really just a ruse...

Yeah. For example, I can say "I used to work at Walgreens" and you would know exactly who I am since I am the only person on here who used to work for Walgreens. If you said "I work for CVS" or "I work for Publix" we would all know you and prank call you at work.

Not trying to harass ya, just being silly. =)

I will be happy to divulge that information! She really works for AACP and rats pre-pharm people out that say silly things like, "this school sucks because...." The second job thing she claims is really just a ruse...

Hahahahahaha! I'm actually 16yo & working my first job at Macys - the men's shoe dept!

I'm hoping to some day be a pharmacy tech....then who knows....maybe a pharmacist:scared:

Ooops - no - you're right - I am undercover.....:p My job is to report back to all ADCOMS about the poor & reprehensible behavior which occurs on here. (Oh...I also report bad, bad dops to JCAHO.....haven't seen Zpak have you;) ) NOT!

Good lord - I'm nearly certain you have SOMETHING to study for!!!!!:smuggrin: