Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I have this friend.... (it really isn't me but it has me thinking)
A colleague of mine is dealing with a situation where he is being criticized for not performing a procedure "fast enough." The issue is the hospital did not immediately provide what I would consider to be appropriate personal protective equipment. The best analogy I could provide without disclosing more information would be getting criticized for not emergently placing a chest tube if no gloves were available (sterile or not).
It appears that we should be covered under OSHA, even as ICs. I'm not sure that is a very big stick though. Does anyone have any thoughts and/or resources for this kind of situation?
I'm feeling more and more like an assembly line worker these days but at least if I was working for Ford I would have someone looking after my physical wellbeing.
A colleague of mine is dealing with a situation where he is being criticized for not performing a procedure "fast enough." The issue is the hospital did not immediately provide what I would consider to be appropriate personal protective equipment. The best analogy I could provide without disclosing more information would be getting criticized for not emergently placing a chest tube if no gloves were available (sterile or not).
It appears that we should be covered under OSHA, even as ICs. I'm not sure that is a very big stick though. Does anyone have any thoughts and/or resources for this kind of situation?
I'm feeling more and more like an assembly line worker these days but at least if I was working for Ford I would have someone looking after my physical wellbeing.