Quantcast

Hospital volunteer opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jslay941

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello all,

Ive recently applied at the two local hospital here to be a volunteer.

At hospital 1: Cardiac Surgery Waiting, Outpatient Surgery Waiting. Were my top two choices.

At Hospital 2: There werent specific areas to select as volunteer areas, but rather types of contact youd like, I selected patient contact, comferting/reassuring patients, and process involvement/Analysis.

Ideally, Id like to volunteer in Ed/Er. But neither of those are options (at least on the selection lists).

So for those of you that have gotten experience in Ed/Er as a volunteer, was it directly listed on the application or did you tell the volunteer coordinator that you were interested in pursuing higher education in medicine and would like a more practical volunteer opportunity?

Last edited:

candbgirl

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your hospital #2 would be better. While surgery waiting rooms might be interesting(glamorous?)you won’t have direct patient contact. You need direct patient contact. I have no idea what process involvement/analysis is but it doesn’t sound like direct patient contact. Your clinical experience doesn’t have to be volunteer. You can get a job in a hospital or if you can volunteer at a hospice or a clinic .