Hospital Vs. Retail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaq786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the advantages/disadvantages of working in a hospital vs. retail setting?

Members don't see this ad.

shaq - I know you are really looking for an answer, but we've talked about this many times. You just haven't been here & its a holiday week, so many of us won't take the time your questions deserves.

So....until some of us come back &/or can devote time to fully answer your question...I'd encourage you to use the search function.

There have been a couple of interesting threads recently....Zpak actually started one: "convince me"....& another one was started a few months back "Clinical pharmacy (could have been Pharmacists..)?'

Try using the advanced search for a variety of combinations of words for your topic...also you can search for what some of us have actually said by our name - Zpak is a dop, MountainRx (I think that's her name - check first) is a retail pharmacist (could be a retail manager) - I do both at the same time.....There are many others on here who also work or have worked in both settings so can give you perspectives.

But...this is a hard week to ask - we are either trying to get our time off (which means finish the work at hand) or are covering for those who are taking time off.

After you've checked the old threads....come back & ask something more specific if you have more questions....maybe next week;) !

Happy Thanksgiving (if you're in the US)

shaq - I know you are really looking for an answer, but we've talked about this many times. You just haven't been here & its a holiday week, so many of us won't take the time your questions deserves.

So....until some of us come back &/or can devote time to fully answer your question...I'd encourage you to use the search function.

There have been a couple of interesting threads recently....Zpak actually started one: "convince me"....& another one was started a few months back "Clinical pharmacy (could have been Pharmacists..)?'

Try using the advanced search for a variety of combinations of words for your topic...also you can search for what some of us have actually said by our name - Zpak is a dop, MountainRx (I think that's her name - check first) is a retail pharmacist (could be a retail manager) - I do both at the same time.....There are many others on here who also work or have worked in both settings so can give you perspectives.

But...this is a hard week to ask - we are either trying to get our time off (which means finish the work at hand) or are covering for those who are taking time off.

After you've checked the old threads....come back & ask something more specific if you have more questions....maybe next week;) !

Happy Thanksgiving (if you're in the US)

Wait...so if we're not in the US...no Happy Thanksgiving??

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the advantages/disadvantages of working in a hospital vs. retail setting?

Hospital:

You get to work sitting down. No vericose veins..

Wait...so if we're not in the US...no Happy Thanksgiving??

Silly man!!! If you work with Canadians....you were supposed to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving a month ago (their's was in Oct)! With all this talk about the UK, I don't even know if they celebrate one (yeah....culturally - I'm about the level of a third grader!)

But...I'm not sure if I wish you one.....is Texas still in the US??????:p

But...Happy Thanksigiving to everyone - you too Zpak!

oh...to the op: no varicose veins (smiling proudly - I don't have any & I have great legs!) & no hemorrhoids which comes from sitting on your a*# all day writing formulary reviews;) .

my ass is starting to hurt. Gotta get one of those gel cushions. haha

y'all don't have gel cushion chairs? what kinda rinky dink hospital is that?

:smuggrin:

Silly man!!! If you work with Canadians....you were supposed to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving a month ago (their's was in Oct)! With all this talk about the UK, I don't even know if they celebrate one (yeah....culturally - I'm about the level of a third grader!)

oh...to the op: no varicose veins (smiling proudly - I don't have any & I have great legs!) & no hemorrhoids which comes from sitting on your a*# all day writing formulary reviews;) .

you got legs? This post is useless without pictures..

Aint no stinkin Canadians in Texas...once in Texas..you're a Texan

For now. Until they piss us off really bad and we leave. ;)

For now. Until they piss us off really bad and we leave. ;)

Texas is its' own nation.
We got beautiful people, great steaks, nice golf courses.. what else do we need...

WAIT!!!!!! so American Indians showed them how to fish and grow corn too??? Bastards - I thought we cornered the market on the "we were going to die, but got saved - so we celebrate it every 3rd thursday in November" holidays... I bet they celebrate christmas there too!!! WTF?

~above~