Hospitalist job offer— curious on thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can I ask 1 question about part time neurohospitalist position? I have an offer from a 250- bed community hospital. Part time, 9 shifts/month: 8am-8pm ( not strictly till 8pm, ok to round and go), then take phone call at home 8pm-next 8am ( it is said not heavy phone call at night ). Pay: roughly $1,785 per shift. Malpractice offered. No other benefits since it is a PT.

If you calculate by 12hours ( the employer calculates 12hrs only), that will be $148/hr. However, we take “not heavy phone call at night”, that will not be counting since we get a bit higher hourly rate in 8am-8pm.

They count 14 shifts per month like this as full time, which I believe it is too hard to do.

How do you guys think about this offer? Any comments are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Can I ask 1 question about part time neurohospitalist position? I have an offer from a 250- bed community hospital. Part time, 9 shifts/month: 8am-8pm ( not strictly till 8pm, ok to round and go), then take phone call at home 8pm-next 8am ( it is said not heavy phone call at night ). Pay: roughly $1,785 per shift. Malpractice offered. No other benefits since it is a PT.

If you calculate by 12hours ( the employer calculates 12hrs only), that will be $148/hr. However, we take “not heavy phone call at night”, that will not be counting since we get a bit higher hourly rate in 8am-8pm.

They count 14 shifts per month like this as full time, which I believe it is too hard to do.

So you're a hospitalist who is also on call overnight? Is that call every day or just the nights after a day shift?

On the surface, that sounds awful.

Reactions: 1 users

If the call isn’t “heavy” it shouldn’t cost them anything to give me $100 every time my phone rings and my $150/hr if i cone in overnight