ahospitalistperson
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With the current corona situation I am at a rural hospital and the main hospital affiliated with my ship as well as surrounding hospitals cannot accept transfers of sick patients or those needing sub speciality support.
I am being asked to accept these patients as “er” boarders. I.E. treat them as floor patients in the ED pending an available bed which can be days.
Is this the norm or can you point me to resources on the Medico legal side of this situation ? Additionally , if I reject these patients is it truly an emtala violation since I am on call ?
I am being asked to accept these patients as “er” boarders. I.E. treat them as floor patients in the ED pending an available bed which can be days.
Is this the norm or can you point me to resources on the Medico legal side of this situation ? Additionally , if I reject these patients is it truly an emtala violation since I am on call ?