Hospitals in trouble?

Started by bigdirt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bigdirt

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone knows of which teaching hospitals are in financial trouble. I have heard that "all of them are doing badly" but I would like some specific information since it just doesn't sound like ALL are going belly up.

For example are Mass General and B&W really in trouble? How about Hopkins?

Well any specific hospitals you know about would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
 
I've been working at MGH this year and I know for a fact that they made money during the past year. Obviously there are plenty of teaching hospitals out there losing money, but I wouldn't put MGH in this category. Hope this helps!