Hosting prospective students flying in for interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tryingoutthisdream

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! So flying out for interviews is becoming costly and I simply do not have the means to continue funding my travel expenses. How would I got about current medical students that will host an incoming students for a few nights? I searched for VTC and for George Washington School of Medicine but came up with nothing. If anyone has any connections or advice that would be so awesome!
 
Usually if a school has one they would have mentioned it in your interview invitation. If they haven't, they probably don't. However I do agree with @gonnif, it wouldn't hurt to call the admissions office to see if they can help you further (ie. hotel discounts, unofficial hosts etc...)