HOT guys in DO school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dryuja

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
half joke/half serious :)

Are guys in DO school hotter than MD school? Hot=tall (at least 6'1") among other characteristics...

Members don't see this ad.

dryuja said:

Are guys in DO school hotter than MD school? Hot=tall (at least 6'1") among other characteristics...
nope, sorry. on average, there's about one good looking guy per class, and thats it. he's usually married or in a serious relationship. however, girls in DO school are hotter than those in MD school. thats a proven fact. (1/3 joke, 2/3 fact). some schools have online facebooks you can view ... you'll see for yourself.

Personally, for me, acceptable to date = less than 6'1" ;) and Raspberry swirl is right. There is a severe shortage of hot and single straight guys in med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm exactly 6'1, single, straight, and pretty damn sexy if I do say so myself... I'm 21, and a pisces from Long Island. My friends describe me as charismatic, sweet, and charming. I enjoy yoga, cooking and playing my saxophone on the beach. I'm pretty much damn near perfect, at least that's what my mother tells me. NYCOM 2010 anyone?? :love: (1/8 joking, 7/8 serious)

When posting the personal profile, the pic is recommended.1/8 kidding 7/8 serious

So?

dryuja said:

Damn it.

Ema said:
When posting the personal profile, the pic is recommended.1/8 kidding 7/8 serious

So?

1/5 loving the use of fractions, 3/5 wondering why we are using fractions, 1/5 wanting to use fractions more often in daily conversations

"want the muffin?"
"3/8ths wanting the muffin"

etc
etc

^^^^hahahahaha!

I dated a guy who went to PCOM and he was the hottest guy I have ever seen. Abercrombie shopping bag/ soap opera star hot. He met up with me at Preakness this past year and when I introduced him to my friends, their reactions were "omg, you KNOW him??? we've been staring at him all day" hes the first guy ive ever dated that was in medicine.. or had a future further than the next lacrosse game even.. but if thats what med school holds, then i cant wait!

Ok, there are so many threads about hot guys/girls in med, dating, how to land a guy and so on. Make an official dating site for med students :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, us PCOM gents tend to be on the good-looking side. We try hard just to keep up with the beautiful ladies. :D

BklynWill said:
Yes, us PCOM gents tend to be on the good-looking side. We try hard just to keep up with the beautiful ladies. :D

Exactly. And you ladies... if you give us your number on a napkin

you might as well just lose it yourself

that's why every available female should carry around businesscards or a chunk of wood.

We're not going to forget that we have a chunk of wood in our pocket. Even if we did, when those pants come off for washing, it'll bang around in the dryer. We'll think, "What the hell is that?"

And then we'll pull out the wood and say, "Oh... right. Vanessa."

Oculus Sinistra said:
Exactly. And you ladies... if you give us your number on a napkin

you might as well just lose it yourself

that's why every available female should carry around businesscards or a chunk of wood.

We're not going to forget that we have a chunk of wood in our pocket. Even if we did, when those pants come off for washing, it'll bang around in the dryer. We'll think, "What the hell is that?"

And then we'll pull out the wood and say, "Oh... right. Vanessa."

I dig the metaphor, whether intentional or not :laugh:

it doesnt matter what you look like.. after med school, when you're makin that paper, you can look like a car accident victim and it wont matter. let's face it, we're livin in a material world, and whether you guys want to admit it or not, its ONE of the reasons why we're striving for this... think about it, when was the last time you heard about a doctor that couldnt find a date, let alone a wife?

personally, i cant wait to start practicing.. i'll find myself a nice, hot 18 year old wife and and remarry every 3 years or so... how's that for working the system?:laugh:

cee said:
it doesnt matter what you look like.. after med school, when you're makin that paper, you can look like a car accident victim and it wont matter. let's face it, we're livin in a material world, and whether you guys want to admit it or not, its ONE of the reasons why we're striving for this... think about it, when was the last time you heard about a doctor that couldnt find a date, let alone a wife?

personally, i cant wait to start practicing.. i'll find myself a nice, hot 18 year old wife and and remarry every 3 years or so... how's that for working the system?:laugh:

Let's see, you will make about 150,000 dinero with the first wife that will be cut to lets say 75,000. the second wife will probably cut it down to 37,000 by the time you reach your third wife you be owing the IRS money driving in a hyundai(but you will still have your title).
Now if you can pick and model type girl with a hyundai and a one bedroom apartment I will offically ordain you the P.I.M.P of the year. that takes game

mochief2000 said:
Let's see, you will make about 150,000 dinero with the first wife that will be cut to lets say 75,000. the second wife will probably cut it down to 37,000 by the time you reach your third wife you be owing the IRS money driving in a hyundai(but you will still have your title).
Now if you can pick and model type girl with a hyundai and a one bedroom apartment I will offically ordain you the P.I.M.P of the year. that takes game

that's what prenupts are for...

anyways, if you cant find your wife in med school, you'll get your pick of nurses at the hospital that you'll probably work at afterwards.. IMO, nurses blow away physicians in terms of hotness (usually, of course there are outliers)

Oculus Sinistra said:
1/5 loving the use of fractions, 3/5 wondering why we are using fractions, 1/5 wanting to use fractions more often in daily conversations

"want the muffin?"
"3/8ths wanting the muffin"

etc
etc

Love it!

mochief2000 said:

Well said. :thumbup:

cee said:
that's what prenupts are for...

You forgot to add vasectomy. The big money is in child support. If I was a woman, my whole goal in life would be to marry, birth two children, and then divorce a rich man (j/k). Seriously though, in NYS child support is 17% of PRE-TAX income for one child and 28% for two children. You cannot take a deduction on child support either, and the money is not considered income to the payee.

Example: If you make 200G in a year and you have two kids with a woman that subsequently divorces you, you will have to pay 56G a year out of your AFTER-TAX income (NO DEDUCTION). Your ex will pay zero dollars in tax on the 56G she receives. You will also have to pay tax on 200G, not 144G. Do not forget about paying back your student loan that is not tax deductible (significantly deductible anyway).

My whole point is that if you want children and you are guy, DON'T go into medicine for the money, you will be utterly disappointed!!!!

And it lasts until the child is 21 years old.

"Cheaper to keep her"

Anyone see that story about 2-3 weeks ago where Dr. Bartha, a NYC internist, blows up his $10mln house and commit suicide at the same time because he does not want to sell it as ordered by divorce court.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/16/n...7370b7ac264326&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Hardbody said:
You forgot to add vasectomy. The big money is in child support. If I was a woman, my whole goal in life would be to marry, birth two children, and then divorce a rich man (j/k). Seriously though, in NYS child support is 17% of PRE-TAX income for one child and 28% for two children. You cannot take a deduction on child support either, and the money is not considered income to the payee.

Example: If you make 200G in a year and you have two kids with a woman that subsequently divorces you, you will have to pay 56G a year out of your AFTER-TAX income (NO DEDUCTION). Your ex will pay zero dollars in tax on the 56G she receives. You will also have to pay tax on 200G, not 144G. Do not forget about paying back your student loan that is not tax deductible (significantly deductible anyway).

My whole point is that if you want children and you are guy, DON'T go into medicine for the money, you will be utterly disappointed!!!!

dryuja said:

A guy does NOT have to be "at least 6'1"" to be hot!

4/4 ths true.

JasonUD said:
I'm exactly 6'1, single, straight, and pretty damn sexy if I do say so myself... I'm 21, and a pisces from Long Island. My friends describe me as charismatic, sweet, and charming. I enjoy yoga, cooking and playing my saxophone on the beach. I'm pretty much damn near perfect, at least that's what my mother tells me. NYCOM 2010 anyone?? :love: (1/8 joking, 7/8 serious)

oh man, now i wish i was going to nycom ;)

Ema said:
Ok, there are so many threads about hot guys/girls in med, dating, how to land a guy and so on. Make an official dating site for med students :sleep:

x's 2

and how can one get more superficial by having a HEIGHT standard for a hot guy?

that's like a guy posting a thread and saying...."Uhh....hot girls in DO schools? .......oh yeah....uhh...and HOT=big breasts. (at least C cup or bigger) and among other things of course."

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

brookliner7 said:
x's 2

and how can one get more superficial by having a HEIGHT standard for a hot guy?

that's like a guy posting a thread and saying...."Uhh....hot girls in DO schools? .......oh yeah....uhh...and HOT=big breasts. (at least C cup or bigger) and among other things of course."

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

6'1"? Let's make it a D cup then. I guess im out.. <6'1"

DRKUBA said:
6'1"? Let's make it a D cup then. I guess im out.. <6'1"

No, for the most part, the superficial ads from guys say something like, "Must be SKINNY. No larger than Size 6." Very realistic. :rolleyes:

I think if we say 6'0" or higher for guys would work...and must be built...no skinny guys ;)

hey shorties...why are u all so offended??? LOL

JasonUD said:

hello Jason!! :D you're a cutie ;) I'm sure you'll snag lots of smart, hot chicks @ NYCOM...unfortunately I'll be in Missouri... :rolleyes: :luck:

Rachael07 said:
I think if we say 6'0" or higher for guys would work...and must be built...no skinny guys ;)

what's wrong w/ skinny guys?? :confused: It's all good skinny boys...I'll take ya plump or thin as long as you're not emaciated! ;) I prefer a more realistic guy... tall is nice, but I wouldn't turn down a shorter guy just b/c of his height! :rolleyes:

well skinny guys are not terrible, i just PREFER the thicker guys, more built that is.

How is the hottness at kcom? Anything worth going out there for?

JasonUD said:

Damn, that sounds exactly like me (except im not going to nycom). Could you be my long lost twin??

damn why couldnt my parents be taller :D

oh well...

prazmatic said:
Damn, that sounds exactly like me (except im not going to nycom). Could you be my long lost twin??

Could be...do you have a birth mark shaped like Oprah on a sail boat on your left buttock? I don't, so if you don't then we probably are brothers.

JasonUD said:
Could be...do you have a birth mark shaped like Oprah on a sail boat on your left buttock? I don't, so if you don't then we probably are brothers.

Score!!

Like yourself, Im also a 6'1'' single, straight, sexy (of course) male pisces from LI! I, however am 22 :(

dammit, whatever happen to inner beauty? curse all you tall, chiseled, good looking anglo saxons, with your perfect jawline, and all american handsomeness.

heyimnick said:
dammit, whatever happen to inner beauty? curse all you tall, chiseled, good looking anglo saxons, with your perfect jawline, and all american handsomeness.

hey! Im not anglo saxon! :mad:

prazmatic said:
hey! Im not anglo saxon! :mad:

not to get back to the fractions, but 3/4 of me is pretty waspy...the other 1/4 is italian

Fashionista said:
I dated a guy who went to PCOM and he was the hottest guy I have ever seen. Abercrombie shopping bag/ soap opera star hot. He met up with me at Preakness this past year and when I introduced him to my friends, their reactions were "omg, you KNOW him??? we've been staring at him all day" hes the first guy ive ever dated that was in medicine.. or had a future further than the next lacrosse game even.. but if thats what med school holds, then i cant wait!

Ok stop. You're REALLY embarrasing me. I mean I'm okay. Nothing to brag about. But I do have exceptional grades, if that means anything...;)

dryuja said:

As you can tell by my myspace, I am one sexy mofo. There is no need to look any further, you have found the one hot guy... :love: :love: :laugh: :laugh:
I'm 6'2" does that count? haha

I'm not in any school yet but I'm about 6'5" and um...hear I'm attractive...i've never been the cocky one to consider myself that though.

MossPoh said:
I'm not in any school yet but I'm about 6'5" and um...hear I'm attractive...i've never been the cocky one to consider myself that though.

Does being hung like a zoo animal help?