hot to improve part 1 score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nolls

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
83
Reaction score
0

Members don't see this ad.
Hello

I have taken my part in dec 2003.
Does anyone know if I can improve my score by taking only ONE of the 4 subjects? (once again)
What other options are there in this regard.
I would appreciate your help.

thank you
 

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
1,726
Reaction score
7
Originally posted by Nolls
Does anyone know if I can improve my score by taking only ONE of the 4 subjects? (once again)

Nope, you CAN'T. This is if you passed the test, I mean if it says PASS on the white box next to the scores.
 

ToTaLLy_TaSha

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
256
Reaction score
1
HI NOLLS!!!

Welcome to SDN! :) Great to see you here.. (Im assuming you're Priya's sister rt???) Lookin forward to seeing more posts from u soon..

Meggs is rt as usual... U can't take a test if you've passed it.. if u didn't pass one subject u can retake just tht particular one.. if u passed all of em, u gotta retake all of em.. but I know your scores are definitely good enough for admission.. I would only recommend someone who didn't make the 85 cut-off to retake it.. but then its upto u. :)

I think I just repeated what Meggs said, but I just took the chance to say welcome!! :D

Bye for now!!

:) T.
 

Nolls

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Hello

this one feels like "home"
all people along their way of becomg dentists,.
I am looking forward for some good interaction.
Good luck to all of you here.
Hope I can be of help.
take care
bye Nol
 

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
1,726
Reaction score
7
Originally posted by Nolls
Hello

this one feels like "home"
all people along their way of becomg dentists,.
I am looking forward for some good interaction.
Good luck to all of you here.
Hope I can be of help.
take care
bye Nol

Since you wanted to interact :)........ why do you want to retake your test? Tasha said you have good scores.
 

Nolls

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
hey Meggs

hi, I have given up the thought of taking my part1 again
I think i am going to go ahead and apply to the schools.
I knew it but was just trying to know if there isn`t really any chance....well,..thanks ..
bye
 

dentaldoc

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
739
Reaction score
2
Well u can improve scores by,
1. concenterate on 2 or 3 subjects . Take the exam(make sure u fail in 1 or 2 subjects!!!!!!!) also make sure u score high enough in other subjects:smuggrin:

2. Retake the exam and the subject in which u "failed':smuggrin:
Any comments?:scared::idea: :idea:
 

pinktooth

Paint my world...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
1,130
Reaction score
0
Hi detal doc,
The only problem is that the number of times you take the NDBE exem is mentioned on your score report..
I hope anyone was not seriously considering it.:D
take care
 

Toothzone

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
176
Reaction score
0
Hi, Pink Tooth,
This is what I heard from my friend who has taken the exam twice to improve her score ..there was no mention of her previous score on her new ones and she has got admission in a reputed school also..and they did not even ask her on how many attempts it took her to achieve this score!!! ..because the schools are not aware of the attempts as only the recent score requested by the student is sent to the schools.....and it is also confirmed by ADA ..so you might want to check on that one ..yourself ..!

You can take the exam as many times as u want, and the last score is reported to the university, and no attempts that have been taken previously are reported...so just make sure u get a better score then the previous time, coz that wont count...
Thanks
Toothzone:eek:
 

Nolls

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
hey toothzone

thanks for the reply
i planning to take my part 2 right now
no time to think of part 1
if u have taken ur part 2
I would appreciate ur suggestion...
bye
 

i beleive

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Nolls
Hello

I have taken my part in dec 2003.
Does anyone know if I can improve my score by taking only ONE of the 4 subjects? (once again)
What other options are there in this regard.
I would appreciate your help.

thank you



hi nolls
i am on a way of taking a part `1 so please help me if u have any suggestions for the prep' and taking the exam .
it would be very much appreciated.
thanks
 

azzure221

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
In reference to Nolls question, can you give all subjects again if you've only passed one(physi/biochem)?
And also how long are the scores valid for? i've given the NB pt 1 in June 1999. are they still valid?
 

i beleive

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by azzure221
In reference to Nolls question, can you give all subjects again if you've only passed one(physi/biochem)?
And also how long are the scores valid for? i've given the NB pt 1 in June 1999. ar

e they still valid?

hi the scores of part `1 & 2 both are valid for 5 years.
 

KAJALKIRAN

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
the qstn is are yu ready to study for it again? part 1 studies are so boring unlike part 2 (where you can actually use some bit of your brain, instead of plain mugging!)..in all.... part 1 studies suck!
i think this is just an "irrational hype" the schools create over
part 1 scores in selecting a candidate......i mean it should be given only a certain level of importance and schools should be wiling to compensate with a student's part 2 score in case the part 1 score of a candidate is not "good enough"
i mean what difference will it make to the school if a student cant tell you the Krebb's Cycle or the Extensor muscles of the Arm?
but yeah if he can compensate it by having sound depth of knowledge in clinical sciences, i think it should be considered......
ps: all the best to you guys who are retaking the exam...
 

toothlord

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2003
Messages
346
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by KAJALKIRAN
the qstn is are yu ready to study for it again? part 1 studies are so boring unlike part 2 (where you can actually use some bit of your brain, instead of plain mugging!)..in all.... part 1 studies suck!
i think this is just an "irrational hype" the schools create over
part 1 scores in selecting a candidate......i mean it should be given only a certain level of importance and schools should be wiling to compensate with a student's part 2 score in case the part 1 score of a candidate is not "good enough"
i mean what difference will it make to the school if a student cant tell you the Krebb's Cycle or the Extensor muscles of the Arm?
but yeah if he can compensate it by having sound depth of knowledge in clinical sciences, i think it should be considered......
ps: all the best to you guys who are retaking the exam...
they wanna make sure that you did well with the basic science because must of the schools accept you as a third year student in the IDP,while you know that 2 year students have to take part 1 exam.
basically they will prepare you for part 2(quote from sam3 about his upenn interview).
 

dentaldoc

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
739
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by Toothzone
Hi, Pink Tooth,
This is what I heard from my friend who has taken the exam twice to improve her score ..there was no mention of her previous score on her new ones and she has got admission in a reputed school also..and they did not even ask her on how many attempts it took her to achieve this score!!! ..because the schools are not aware of the attempts as only the recent score requested by the student is sent to the schools.....and it is also confirmed by ADA ..so you might want to check on that one ..yourself ..!

You can take the exam as many times as u want, and the last score is reported to the university, and no attempts that have been taken previously are reported...so just make sure u get a better score then the previous time, coz that wont count...
Thanks
Toothzone:eek:


this is definitly encouraging :thumbup: ..Thanks for the info.:clap::thumbup:
 

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
1,726
Reaction score
7
Originally posted by deepawadhawan
hi the scores of part `1 & 2 both are valid for 5 years.

:eek: Scores expire??? I sure didn't know that. I know some schools require scores from within the last 3 or 5 years, but I didn't know they expire.
 

KARU1977

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
hi nolls

i'm preparing for part 1 to be held in july. do u have any suggestions. please do share with us.
 

i beleive

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by KARU1977
hi nolls

i'm preparing for part 1 to be held in july. do u have any suggestions. please do share with us.

hi karu1977,
i am also taking part 1 but in dec so please tell me which all books r u following and any good tip 4 the prepration .
please share .
thankz
 

Nolls

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Hi karu and deepa

I would recommend you guyz to do the decks...
and papers....papers are very imp,..
just 10 mins before the exam,
i was reading a patho-micro paper and
5 question from that one paper were repeated,..
couldn`t belive it!!!!!
so make sure u do the papers repeatedly,..
knowing all that has appeared once is very imp.
do your kaplan and decks for sure. they are imp too.
what i have seen is in the recent, a lot of questions have been framed upon "DNA" and related matter in the physio-biochem paper. I had like, 7-8 questions on DNA.
make sure u refer some text to cover that aspect,...
i dont know how much of it is discussed in the kaplan,..coz i dint have time for kaplan.
most imp have a positive mind set,.. attempt every question with all your potential,..if u dont know guess rationaly,..
am sure you will do good,..
let me know if u need anything more,..
Good Luck
bye
 

KARU1977

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
thanks nolls for ur advice and support .
 
Top