Hot topics in Paeds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PaddyofNine

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm preparing for a possible Paediatric Oral exam, and am wondering if you guys would be able to help me out - what in your opinion are the current 'hot' or controversial topics in paediatrics?

Also, if they ask me about current clinical trials, are there any recently published ones (i.e. in the last 5 years) which have had a major change on clinical practice?

Thanks for any help! 👍
 
I know one hot topic in peds is the necessity of the first "a" in "paediatrics"...

I kid I kid...

One of the big hot topics in our school right now (as I'm sure it is everywhere) is the long term effects of radiation from CT scans in kids who come through the ED...which scans are truly indicated vs. which ones you could live without. Lots of literature coming out on that right now.