Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

hotel in Durham

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by audeo, Nov 4, 2001.

1. audeo

audeo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have to stay at Durham for at least two nights on account of interview, maximum three nights to fool around. Could anyone recommend me the best place to stay, the criteria being the distance from Duke and cost. I'd appreciate any inputs.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior
    7+ Year Member

Try the Brookwood Inn. It's on Duke's campus. 2306 Elba Steet, Durham, NC. Their toll free number is 1-800-716-6401. R and G shuttle service goes between RDU airport and Brookwood every 30 min. Trip lasts 20min and costs $25.00 (no reservation required).

4. Hamster

Hamster Member
    10+ Year Member

I know that Duke has a hotel right across the street from it medical center. I remember as a volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House we would sometimes put up families there. I have since forgotten the name. You could probably search DUMC's web site to find a name, or the number you need. If their admissions office isn't being helpful ( which sounds like the case to me ) You can try calling DUMC's patient-family hospitality where I am sure they have a list of very close hotels for obvious reasons. Keep in mind UNC's homecoming is this weekend so things might be a bit pricey. Good Luck with the search!

5. audeo

audeo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thank you for the infos. It seems you guys have lived there for a while. Can you tell me interesting places I might check out while I am there? I am seriously considering to spend an additional day to look around the city. Since I am an MD/PhD applicant, it does matter a lot where I will have to live for the next eight years or so.

6. Original

7+ Year Member

Hey Audeo, I've never been to Durham but I'll be there on Tuesday for an MD/PhD interview like yourself. I guess we can get lost together while we're there.

7. audeo

audeo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I will be at Duke Nov 13th-15th. It would be great to hang around.

8. Original

7+ Year Member

Too bad buddy I'll be in San Diego for the Neuroscience conference. My Duke interview is Nov 7-8. Have fun while you're there.

9. audeo

audeo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Wow, I know that neuroscience conference. I know three people from my class going to that same conference. They are absolutetly excited about the event. Not so much about the conference but about San Diego. These three poor kids have never been to the west coast.