hotel in Durham

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

audeo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to stay at Durham for at least two nights on account of interview, maximum three nights to fool around. Could anyone recommend me the best place to stay, the criteria being the distance from Duke and cost. I'd appreciate any inputs.

Members don't see this ad.

Try the Brookwood Inn. It's on Duke's campus. 2306 Elba Steet, Durham, NC. Their toll free number is 1-800-716-6401. R and G shuttle service goes between RDU airport and Brookwood every 30 min. Trip lasts 20min and costs $25.00 (no reservation required).

I know that Duke has a hotel right across the street from it medical center. I remember as a volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House we would sometimes put up families there. I have since forgotten the name. You could probably search DUMC's web site to find a name, or the number you need. If their admissions office isn't being helpful ( which sounds like the case to me ) You can try calling DUMC's patient-family hospitality where I am sure they have a list of very close hotels for obvious reasons. Keep in mind UNC's homecoming is this weekend so things might be a bit pricey. Good Luck with the search!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the infos. It seems you guys have lived there for a while. Can you tell me interesting places I might check out while I am there? I am seriously considering to spend an additional day to look around the city. Since I am an MD/PhD applicant, it does matter a lot where I will have to live for the next eight years or so.

Hey Audeo, I've never been to Durham but I'll be there on Tuesday for an MD/PhD interview like yourself. I guess we can get lost together while we're there.

I will be at Duke Nov 13th-15th. It would be great to hang around.

Too bad buddy I'll be in San Diego for the Neuroscience conference. My Duke interview is Nov 7-8. Have fun while you're there.

Wow, I know that neuroscience conference. I know three people from my class going to that same conference. They are absolutetly excited about the event. Not so much about the conference but about San Diego. These three poor kids have never been to the west coast.