Hotels

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinestDrug

Misses
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it better to stay at hotel close to the school or the airport? I have 3 interviews in one week (mon, wed, and fri) and they're all in different states.. I scheduled it this way...I'm not sure if that was wise of me.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it better to stay at hotel close to the school or the airport? I have 3 interviews in one week (mon, wed, and fri) and they're all in different states.. I scheduled it this way...I'm not sure if that was wise of me.

Well I would say closer to the school, but what does it matter as long as you are on time for your interviews?

Well I would say closer to the school, but what does it matter as long as you are on time for your interviews?

I would appreciate if people who replied to this thread had actual experiences.

Members don't see this ad :)
It won't matter if your a morning person and willing to wake up much earlier, but I'm not, so I prefer to wake up as late as possible which means close to school.

Sorry didn't read your response... shouldn't have said anything

It won't matter if your a morning person and willing to wake up much earlier, but I'm not, so I prefer to wake up as late as possible which means close to school.

Sorry didn't read your response... shouldn't have said anything

No that was helpful. Thank you! Are cab rides or car rentals more expensive?

No that was helpful. Thank you! Are cab rides or car rentals more expensive?

Car rentals are normally cheaper, depending on the location. I noticed that rental costs in Chicago is way more expensive than in California when I went for an interview at Midwestern. In the past two interviews I had in Kansas City and Midwestern CCP, I stayed at hotels that were close to campus. I was concerned about traffic and any emergency that could occur that morning, so I decided to play safe. I thought the hotels nearby the airport vicinity are normally more expensive anyways?

Car rentals are normally cheaper, depending on the location. I noticed that rental costs in Chicago is way more expensive than in California when I went for an interview at Midwestern. In the past two interviews I had in Kansas City and Midwestern CCP, I stayed at hotels that were close to campus. I was concerned about traffic and any emergency that could occur that morning, so I decided to play safe. I thought the hotels nearby the airport vicinity are normally more expensive anyways?

Thanks for the info! Which hotel near Midwestern CCP did you stay at?

Well my experiences certainly were not theoretical.

ROFL!

I would personally go with closer to the school because you are typically stressed more about the interview so it's nice not to have to stress about traffic or having to leave really early. Airport hotels tend to be more expensive and also you will have to deal with planes flying overhead while you are trying to sleep!

Most of my interviews gave us suggested hotels to stay at, and some even gave us discounts. Depending on the hotel, you might be able to get a shuttle from the airport or to the school, or even both! It definitely pays to do a little searching. Car rentals are probably more expensive than cabs depending on how far you will be traveling. Also, if you are under 21 most states won't let you rent and under 25 gets you an additional fee. Car rentals get expensive really fast! Just look at your options for each city because it really depends on the location of the school and what's available around it.

I agree, stay near the school. This way, you fold all of your travel in one shot (ie you fly in, take a taxi to the hotel. Done with travel, walk/quick taxi to the school). Then, when you're done, your trip to the airport/flight out/trip from airport is one fell swoop.

This depends also on the proximity of the school to the airport and surrounding hotels.

And the above comments from fenix are correct...airport hotels charge up the ass (usually), but so do ones in "downtown" of most metropolitan cities.

So, in summary, no single answer, but I've always been a fan of the failsafe that should i wake up late for my interview, I can literally RUN to the campus within 5-10 minutes vs. having to deal with transport.

Yup! How was your interview?

The group interview wasn't too bad at all, although too bad it was raining hard that day so I didn't really have a chance to explore the campus that much. Overall, I was impressed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Concerning your Mercer interview, the airport is not close to campus at all so you might want to stay close to Mercer, especially if you plan driving yourself. I know I wouldn't want to drive far on that day because I would be so nervous especially in city traffic. Luckily I was able to have someone drive me.

Don't worry to much about that interview though because everyone is very nice. Good luck!

Why doesn't anyone want to split a hotel? It's 50% cheaper!!

I always rented a car so I could check out the area around the school, as well as neighbourhoods to live in if I got accepted, so it didn't matter where I stayed. If all you're doing is flying in, going to interview and flying out, a hotel near the school is more economical. If you're there for a few days, you don't want to spend all the time in a hotel room. Rent a car and look around. If you're planning on spending the next 3-6 years there, wouldn't you like it to be somewhere nice?

You sound like a dick.

bahahahaha. It's funny he said that because he PMd me a few days earlier asking for advice on my interview and how I got accepted...But apparantly that doesn't count as an ACTUAL experience.

Thank you, I am a dick!

And Calisoca... I'm female! Stop addressing me as a male!

My bad FinestDrug. You know I'm just giving you a hard time from thread to thread, kinda. It's all in good nature...

If it's a cute curvy dick.

with a sassy mouth. (insert winky dumb smiley)

Atticus, if you didn't mention your witt/humor somewhere in your PS/Supplementals, the pharmacy profession will have experienced a trajedy.

you proberly(properly) look like one :D

Give it up for my boy tommyle, no one comes back with the lameness like he does.

why you always have something neg. to say to po?

You should know all my posts are not negative cause I know you've read them all and bumped half of them, adding lame ass unfunny comments.
tommyle u know i ruv rue rong tiim main.

with a sassy mouth. (insert winky dumb smiley)

Atticus, if you didn't mention your witt/humor somewhere in your PS/Supplementals, the pharmacy profession will have experienced a trajedy.

Haha, A lot of people stress out on here cause of applications, I like to have some fun though!

tommyle u know i ruv rue rong tiim main.

hahaha.

Tommyle, for what it's worth (and HepC aside), you are a funny kid and that is commendable. Along with Atticus, I love you long time.

Get a hotel near the school, but instead of taking a taxi or relying on public transportation, rent a car.

So:

Land at airport --> Rent a car --> Go to hotel near school --> Take car to interview --> Come back to hotel --> Take car back and go home

Jesus, all the penis-related drama in this thread and people ask me why I don't read pre-pharm anymore. :laugh: :lol::lol:

PM me tommyle!!!:D

Looks like you two might be doing some dating SDN-style. Not only this site is informative, it's also incredibly helpful in quite a number of ways. :laugh:

Looks like you two might be doing some dating SDN-style. Not only this site is informative, it's also incredibly helpful in quite a number of ways. :laugh:

YUP =P ... I've invented my own male enhancers that has proven to be very effective

Look on hotwire.com and see which cheap ones are available. Most likely, in a big city airpt. wouldn't be a problem since there's public transportation. Somewhere smaller though, probably near the school?

I found it was more convenient to be close to school. Less likely I'd have to worry about traffic to/from the interview. As long as you didn't push the return flight close to the end of the interview, the return will be less time sensitive than your arrival to the interview.

re: other replies. if you're going to threadjack at least keep it clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.