Households on FAFSA

Started by twinklz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

twinklz

Lover of Lagomorphs
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm confused about the household information for the FAFSA. I know I'm considered independent, so there is only 1 person in my household. The next question is "how many people in the household are in college"....by college I'm assuming they mean grad school/med schools because I get an error message when I enter 0??

Second confusion...when I enter my parent's info (one of my schools requires it) the household question comes up and they automatically include me in the number even though I'm considered an independent.

Do I count in both households?