HOUSING advice?

Started by CatsLover
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CatsLover

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi you guys. I am new to the forum and I'm just wondering if someone can give me any advice on housing (I'm going to be a first year student). I'm a Houstonion and am living like 40 minutes away from the dental campus. As excited I am about moving out from my parents' home into an apartment near school, I still don't want to cook and thought I could save a bunch of money staying with them. Can someone tell me what first year is like for a dental studen. Can I afford to stay home and still do ok in school? Thanks a bunch!! 🙂
 
CatsLover said:
Hi you guys. I am new to the forum and I'm just wondering if someone can give me any advice on housing (I'm going to be a first year student). I'm a Houstonion and am living like 40 minutes away from the dental campus. As excited I am about moving out from my parents' home into an apartment near school, I still don't want to cook and thought I could save a bunch of money staying with them. Can someone tell me what first year is like for a dental studen. Can I afford to stay home and still do ok in school? Thanks a bunch!! 🙂

40 minutes is way too far to be from school. there's enough frustrating stuff that goes on in dental school that you don't need to be worried about traffic/driving/making it to class on time . . . trust me.

not to mention you'll want to be close to your friends