Housing at Rutgers-NJMS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

New2NJ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a grad student who will be starting at Rutgers NJMS in about 2 months and am looking for any suggestions for housing in the area. I am looking for a single bedroom or studio apartment that is very close to University Hoispital, as I will be spending most of my time on that campus.

Number 1 requirement: I am looking for a clean, safe place.

Parking would be great.

Also, it would be cool if other grad students, fellows, residents lived there too.

I am NOT interested in the Rutgers dorm housing.

Any information from past or present members of the Rutgers NJMS community would be awesome. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

180 Market St. Is across the street from the hospital. It is studio and two bedroom apartments. It is owned by Rutgers and houses grad students, med, dental and nursing students. There is a parking deck at extra cost. Apartments are spacious and there is laundry on each floor. Security is very good and there is a flyover pedestrian bridge from the garage to the hospital complex. Apply online.

University Centre
Mostly undergrads but there is a mix of other students and young professionals as well.

It's 3 blocks from campus but I recommend driving bc well it's Newark. The rent is a little more than 180 but it includes a gym, rec room, computer room, utilities, internet and cable.

Some people hate it, others love it. I would say just check it out and decide for yourself.

I lived in Bloomfield when I went there. Why don't you like the university housing? They didn't have that when I was there..