Housing in East Falls close to Drexel Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baps

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for me about housing in the East Falls area. I am looking to move into a house and rent out a floor in a nice area. I am not too familiar with the area so I was wondering if someone could please give me some suggestions and if they know of any places, costs, safety, etc. Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Check out craigslist...this is how I found my roommate when I first moved to Philly. While I'm not all that familiar with East Falls specifically, you should also check out Manayunk and Roxborough. There are a lot of housing complexes along Henry Ave, and you would be able to make it to school in under 10 minutes. (Check out zip codes 19127, 19128, and 19129.) Average rent in the area seems to be at minimum $600 pp if you share a 2 bdrm apt. One bedrooms usually run $1000-$1200.

I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for me about housing in the East Falls area. I am looking to move into a house and rent out a floor in a nice area. I am not too familiar with the area so I was wondering if someone could please give me some suggestions and if they know of any places, costs, safety, etc. Thanks so much.

Craig's List is the way to go. I live around the block from the school on Wissahickon and can walk to the front door of the med school in 8 minutes (if I am walking very slow).

Cost depends mostly on how many roomies you want compared to the amount of space being offered. I living with 2 other people in a 1500 foot square apartment and altogether we pay 1350/month + utilities. We have enough room for at least 1 or 2 more people to live here though... so it really does depend on how many people you want to squish into a place. Typical price for this area is $1000-$1500.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you guys send me the Craig list? I am not sure where to find this list.

Also, I am looking for a male roomate who is M1 this August, quiet, clean, neat, supportive, and ...works hard.... Anyone interested, please send me a PM. Thanks

i'm a first year at temple, i live in east falls and my roommate is moving out of our 2 bedroom house. contact me privately if you would like more details. happeigh at yahoo dot com

Hi I'm going to be a MS1 next year, and I live in Cali, so I have no idea what the areas are. Is east falls closest to drexel? Also, do most people begin to rent starting June 1 or do they wait till august? Thanks a lot!

I have a bedroom available at school lane house beginning June 1. If you are interested please message me.