Housing Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AF08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finish residency on June 20th. I have just received my orders for my duty station and for COT. They have the COT start date as July 1st. My question is can I move my family to the duty station at the end of June to get them settled before starting COT or is there a possibility that my duty station could change once I start COT? Also for that month of July, will my BAH be based on maxwell AFB or my duty station? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I finish residency on June 20th. I have just received my orders for my duty station and for COT. They have the COT start date as July 1st. My question is can I move my family to the duty station at the end of June to get them settled before starting COT or is there a possibility that my duty station could change once I start COT? Also for that month of July, will my BAH be based on maxwell AFB or my duty station? Thanks.
As soon as you get your orders you can start the process for your move so I would get the ball rolling as soon as possible. As long as the movers have an availability and everything is in order you can move on whatever date you wish.

It's not very likely that your perminent duty station is going to change once your orders have been cut. You should be safe. :)

As far as your pay, I'm not sure exactly but I would assume that it would be based on your perminent duty station. :confused:

Thanks guys. Appreciate the responses.