Housing

Started by nvega13
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nvega13

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For all current optometry students...do you recommend renting a furnished or unfurnished apartment. I will be moving across the country to go to SUNY this fall I am not sure which would be better. Although furnished will be cheaper, in the long run I think buying furniture would be better.

Thanks.
 
nvega13 said:
For all current optometry students...do you recommend renting a furnished or unfurnished apartment. I will be moving across the country to go to SUNY this fall I am not sure which would be better. Although furnished will be cheaper, in the long run I think buying furniture would be better.

Thanks.

Furnished apartments usually aren't cheaper, but if that's the case for you, go for it.

Otherwise...You can buy furniture and then resell it when you leave, 4 years later hopefully...