Houston opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CSingh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I work for EmCare in the Southeast and will be relocating to Houston (specifically League City) next year. My EmCare recruiter put me in touch with someone from Qualitas Locums (apparently EmCare's locums division) who sent me a few hospitals throughout the state that were hiring - but when I told him those wouldn't fit (many were 24 hour shift facilities), he suggested I talk to my recruiter again about who else could help me.

It's my understanding that EmCare has most of the contracts in that area - is that true? Any suggestions on a good place to pick up shifts? At this point, any advice is welcome.

Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Emcare has all the hca contracts, teamhealth staffs all of the memorial Herman EDs. Smaller local private groups staff Methodist and st Luke's, you also have Schumacher at a few sites. My group is hiring, PM me if interested. If you're working IC in the Houston metro area, I wouldn't take anything less than $250/hr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emcare has all the hca contracts, teamhealth staffs all of the memorial Herman EDs. Smaller local private groups staff Methodist and st Luke's, you also have Schumacher at a few sites. My group is hiring, PM me if interested. If you're working IC in the Houston metro area, I wouldn't take anything less than $250/hr.

MH wants the contracts to become UTHouston docs soon though. Which is going to be disasterous. EmCare also covers Galveston, League City, and Baytown. They all always have shifts open, so I'm sure they might have a few FTE to hire.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting. Are you talking about MH main in the med center, or every freakin MH ed in the Houston metro area? I don't see how that's possible.

Never heard of UTHouston docs though. Did you mean them as an ED physicians group, or just ED employed physicians of it Houston?

Interesting. Are you talking about MH main in the med center, or every freakin MH ed in the Houston metro area? I don't see how that's possible.

Never heard of UTHouston docs though. Did you mean them as an ED physicians group, or just ED employed physicians of it Houston?

That's what they're being told at the Woodlands. They want the academic ED group from MH in TMC to grow and staff the sites, starting with the Woodlands. I too don't see the core academicians going up there. They already bitch enough about LBJ (which is reasonable I suppose).

What are the physician owned groups in the area? Getting ready to start looking for my first job soon, can't believe it.