I pulled several C's, many many B's, and just enough A's. I also finished up with a strong upward trend (oh freshman year...) and had the EC's to explain the less than stellar GPA. I hope that the OP has a good MCAT, a very strong set of EC's, some good and extensive clinical experience, and an early application. That D is going to haunt them if them dont. I'm not trying to sit here and be like "oh man youre screwed!" You may or may not be screwed, unless you had a solid GPA before the D. If you were borderline, its time for a retake. The senioritis D is going to hurt (maturity question). Do I think a D should keep you out of medicine? I dont know about all that, I think you have to examine the entire body of work of the OP's CV. A lot of people here are really quick to write someone off because of one academic mishap (now if you have a felony...no, you should not be a doc). People here should really just relax a bit and quit being so dang uptight about stuff. I know its a super important thing, but cmon people, you could spend that time you are using to worry and strengthen your app, or even have fun...a foreign idea to some, I know. I am just being honest, the OP is going to need to legitimize whatever problems they have on their application, and they will have to explain them in detail during any interviews. It sucks, but its life. Make sure that personal statement is a strong and remember that life is not over if they dont get in, they can always strengthen the application and reapply. Regardless, best of luck to OP and I hope things work out for you.