How accurate are the practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woodhorse22

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey. i am anxiously waiting for my August scores....
Anyways, for those who took the MCAT and got their scores back, how were the real scores compared to the practice ones you might have taken (3r-8r)? Did you feel that the real thing was harder than the practice ones or easier? Did you score higher, lower, or about the same on the real thing as the practice ones? I was scoring like 11-12 in PS, 10's on BS, and 6-7 on V on the practice tests. Verbal really brought me down . On the practice tests i knew I was messing up the verbal one, but on the real thing I felt that I was actually performing well on it. Hope the results are good.... look forward to your posts...

Members don't see this ad.

people usually get their actual scores within the range of their last 3-4 practice scores... this generally happens to 95% of the people... if you search for MCAT score release, or just sort the messages by reply # and look through one of the actual score threads people talk about their real scores and how they did on their practice tests... less than two weeks left, don't worry about it too much :D

people usually get their actual scores within the range of their last 3-4 practice scores... this generally happens to 95% of the people... if you search for MCAT score release, or just sort the messages by reply # and look through one of the actual score threads people talk about their real scores and how they did on their practice tests... less than two weeks left, don't worry about it too much :D

forgot to add... make sure you check "From the beginning" in the display options at the bottom

Members don't see this ad :)
I scored within 34-37 on all six AAMC practice tests. My real score is in my profile. Pretty good correlation.

How did you FEEL test day... compared to the practice tests?:scared:

Very tired after midway through the test. I didn't think I would be considering I took over 10 practice tests but I ran out of gas halfway through the verbal section. Drank a redbull and took a nap during lunch but that didn't really help.

I would say + or - 3 points depending on how you felt that day and whether the test targeted your strengths or weaknesses

I really hope they are accurate, although I felt like my real test was much more challenging. Is the general consensus that the real thing is harder but u end up doing about ur range any way?

All I know is on my last practice test I scored the highest, which I think was good :luck:

what sucks even more is the fact that if we can't handle getting our mcat scores, then how are we gonna handle getting our usmle scores (especially after all those grueling years of medschool)?

what sucks even more is the fact that if we can't handle getting our mcat scores, then how are we gonna handle getting our usmle scores (especially after all those grueling years of medschool)?

At least it doesn't take 2 months to get USMLE scores.

At least it doesn't take 2 months to get USMLE scores.

i had form bg and it sucked, especially verbal and parts of bio. physical sciences wasn't that bad (actually i breezed through this one). but yea, verbal sucked bigtime and parts of bio were like wtf, such as linked or unlinked genes (and i'm usually really smart at genetics).

Having nervously seen my boyfriend get his USMLE scores (by mail - think about waiting for THOSE to be delivered by the inconsistent postman/woman) I can say that waiting for your USMLE scores is still scary - since they also determine whether or not you get to follow your dream of specialty x versus going into something much less competitive/a crappier program. Still though, even though you study for them about the same amount of time you take for MCAT studying (so like two months give or take), it takes half as much time to get them back. This, of course, will all be taken care of next year when scores come out in four weeks (and the following year when they come out in two weeks - yikes!) but for this last administration, we get to suffer.

i had form bg and it sucked, especially verbal and parts of bio. physical sciences wasn't that bad (actually i breezed through this one). but yea, verbal sucked bigtime and parts of bio were like wtf, such as linked or unlinked genes (and i'm usually really smart at genetics).

I had form EM. VR sucked ass.