How Accurate Is AAMC 4R?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamer67

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored 10BS 11V 11 BS. I feel like I should be doing better than this though since I scored a 30 on AAMC 3 3 months ago, and after 3 months of studying I would have expected my score to go up more than 2 points. I did a search on SDN and some said 4R was the most difficult of the AAMC but these posts were from a few years ago. I am a little concerned because I thought the first AAMCs were the easiest and my exam is coming up on Sept 1. How does AAMC 4R compare to your actual MCAT score, and to later AAMCs?

Members don't see this ad.

Its probably just speed, ease of formula use, pace--all of which fall under the category of confidence.

Be more confident in your studying as you tackle the questions and you should see improvements. Also make sure you target any red flag indicators from your tests!

Btw, that's a great score on AAMC 4!! I improved another 2 points from that, so Im sure you can too :)

You were right! 34 on AAMC 5R (12ps, 11v, 11bs) and 34 on AAMC 7R (11 ps, 10 vr, 13 bs)!!! Let's hope this trend continues!!! More importantly let's hope it prevails on the real thing!

Its probably just speed, ease of formula use, pace--all of which fall under the category of confidence.

Be more confident in your studying as you tackle the questions and you should see improvements. Also make sure you target any red flag indicators from your tests!

Btw, that's a great score on AAMC 4!! I improved another 2 points from that, so Im sure you can too :)