How accurate is the AACOMAS GPA calculation BEFORE verification??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuackaDO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished inputting my grades for the AACOMAS app and when I was done it spits out it's own calculated GPA... how accurate is that?? I mean if you truly input everything correctly (which I did) should the GPA stay the same (or at least not drop) after verification or is a change in the GPA pretty normal after verification? Right now it says I have a 2.99 (I mean c'mon, give me the freaking .01!!!!:laugh:) and just trying to figure out if that is going to realistically drop or if I am safe. I am about to finish up my last prereq (5 credit Physics II which I have an A in) so if that GPA holds through verification I should be over 3.0. :)

One other question... I have a couple of classes I got an "NC" in (no credit) becuase they were retakes of previous courses. The original grade doesn't show on the transcript... only NC. I entered this as NC on the grade section but the AACOMAS grade drop down doesn't have a grade for NC really... just pass/fail, letter grades, and deferred, etc. I entered it as NC and in the AACOMAS grade drop down called it withdrawn... it's the only thing that really remotely fits. Anyone have any other ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished inputting my grades for the AACOMAS app and when I was done it spits out it's own calculated GPA... how accurate is that?? I mean if you truly input everything correctly (which I did) should the GPA stay the same (or at least not drop) after verification or is a change in the GPA pretty normal after verification? Right now it says I have a 2.99 (I mean c'mon, give me the freaking .01!!!!:laugh:) and just trying to figure out if that is going to realistically drop or if I am safe. I am about to finish up my last prereq (5 credit Physics II which I have an A in) so if that GPA holds through verification I should be over 3.0. :)

One other question... I have a couple of classes I got an "NC" in (no credit) becuase they were retakes of previous courses. The original grade doesn't show on the transcript... only NC. I entered this as NC on the grade section but the AACOMAS grade drop down doesn't have a grade for NC really... just pass/fail, letter grades, and deferred, etc. I entered it as NC and in the AACOMAS grade drop down called it withdrawn... it's the only thing that really remotely fits. Anyone have any other ideas?

Umm... Why wouldn't be accurate? Assuming you put everything in right, it's accurate. All they're doing when they "verify" you is making sure you didn't lie (or make a mistake).

Umm... Why wouldn't be accurate? Assuming you put everything in right, it's accurate. All they're doing when they "verify" you is making sure you didn't lie (or make a mistake).

Because ANYTHING can change before it's official so it seems. I am trying to figure out if anyone that has already done their stuff and is now verified saw a change or in their AACOMAS reported GPA due to anything other than errors on their part. I know I see enough people in these threads sweating over their GPA and asking "what about my verified GPA" to make me wonder if it ever significantly changes.

Members don't see this ad :)
The calculation itself doesn't have any problems. All verification is matching up your transcripts with what you've submitted. You have to receive a better grade somewhere on your transcripts to pull it up. So the physics class will probably do it.

As long as you entered in everything as it should be, that calculation is the same one you will see once your application is verified, for better or worse. As for the NC grade, I would just keep the AACOMAS grade as withdrawn...it's pretty much the same thing.

Sweet.... thanks guys. I honestly was more worried about the NC/withdrawn issue that I mentioned than the grades changing but semi addressed it so now I'm not worried. I emailed AACOMAS with the NC/withdrawn question as well, so we'll see what they have to sa but unless they conradict I'm leaving it like it is... thanks all for the input and reassurance :)

Sweet.... thanks guys. I honestly was more worried about the NC/withdrawn issue that I mentioned than the grades changing but semi addressed it so now I'm not worried. I emailed AACOMAS with the NC/withdrawn question as well, so we'll see what they have to sa but unless they conradict I'm leaving it like it is... thanks all for the input and reassurance :)

I decided to look into it and found this in AACOMAS' (or TMDSAS') instructions:

"Pass/Fail or Credit/No Credit Courses: Record P (Pass) as the grade given for earning a pass in the course. Record the grade as FL (Failed) is the course was not passed."

Not sure what you can make of that, but yeah...

I decided to look into it and found this in AACOMAS' (or TMDSAS') instructions:

"Pass/Fail or Credit/No Credit Courses: Record P (Pass) as the grade given for earning a pass in the course. Record the grade as FL (Failed) is the course was not passed."

Not sure what you can make of that, but yeah...

Yeah, no doubt... there seems to be a huge gray area on that one... I've read those same instructions and afterwards was just like "hmmm.... welll... uhh..." Not exactly descriptive for this one. Here's the other caveat to that too... by the passage you quoted, if my retakes were becuase I failed a course initially and retook it then I enter "FL" but if my first attempt was like a C then I entered "P". Catch is that my transcript only says "NC" and nothing else... no way to determine anything else so I could say P to every retake like that and there isn't a way to verify or disprove it... tough
Also, I am not 100% positive but I think the passage you quoted pertains strictly to Pass/Fail type courses or classes that were taken for no credit (think speed reading and stuff like that), not for credit gradeable course that have "NC" listed