1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

how accurate is the Kaplan BB cd test?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by soopasteve, Dec 22, 2008.

1. soopasteve

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I know theres threads all over about these but they seem to vary depending on which kaplan test it is. everyone seems to number them and i have no idea which one is the cd on the blue book so i figured id just ask. how accurate is the test on the cd that comes with kaplan's blue book?

2. Panther85

2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    just too easy... especially pat

3. soopasteve

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    have you taken the DAT? if so, what pretests do you think are most representative?

4. IdahoDoc

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    It is the final test offered by kaplan just so you know. I can't give a super accurate answer because when i took that i didn't really take it too serious. But i did better on the actual DAT so i would say that it is easier then the real dat but maybe only by 1 pt. in each section except PAT. I would say it is about 5 pts. too high. So... Add "1" to all your section scores and take 5 away from your PAT score on the BB test.

5. sciencegod

sciencegod Super Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    kaplan pat sucks. I could do the hole punches in 2 seconds. on cdp it takes me like 2 minutes for each one.

6. UCfan

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I think kaplan cd test is a good predictor for DAT(except qr and PAT).
    My scores(Kaplan bb cd/ DAT):
    Bio: 18-20
    Chem: 22-20
    Ochem: 22-21
    PAT: 23-19
    QR: 30-23
    I think that you need to practice a lot for PAT(especially angles I think that that is the killer section). For QR expect statistic, economics (compound and single interest), basic physics (optic related to geometry), and other natural science related questions too.

7. doc3232

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    There is some solid evidence, but did you study bio after taking the Kaplan cd test?

8. UCfan

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    There is some solid evidence, but did you study bio after taking the Kaplan cd test?
    Actually u r right. I got that test a week before the real DAT.I did study solely bio after taking that practice exam. It may not represent the my level at that time.

9. doc3232

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Ya, that's what I was thinking because I didn't feel like that Kaplan bio was hard. :cool: