How accurate is this graph?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr. Galazkiewicz

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Student loan default rates are higher than graduation rates at 514 American colleges. Over 1/2 of those are for profit colleges and 1/3 are community colleges."

DX8gYmaVoAArK50.jpg


Student Loans - A Generational Disaster – UPFINA
 
I have no reason to doubt it's accuracy, however it's important to note that those are the financial pictures of people who are applying to school, not some period of time after they graduate. So I'm not sure what the value of the information is. I mean it's interesting to look at, but for any 1 person their personal financial picture is way more relevant than some average of others applying.
 
Like Mman, I have no reason to doubt it's accuracy, but I also can't verify it. I do have a question though.. why is there such a big difference between DO and MD applicants?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like Mman, I have no reason to doubt it's accuracy, but I also can't verify it. I do have a question though.. why is there such a big difference between DO and MD applicants?

My personal guess which is probably totally wrong is that many applicants to DO schools are people that already went through multiple cycles applying to MD schools and end up being slightly older and in more debt by the time they apply to the DO school.

(just a guess, not a judgment)
 
I think it leaves out too many things like scholarships, regional school costs and work opportunities, and ect. A simple statistic such as 75% of MD applicants had scholarships for undergrad could greatly change things. I think the only thing to take from the article is don't go to an expensive private school unless your going to be making bank. Could you imagine racking up 150k of debt to become a school teacher or 200k in debt at a bad law school?